My Dear Husband

esther e

I have become "friends" with many of you on this forum and just want to let you know my husband and best friend passed away this afternoon. He will be dearly missed more than you can imagine.

My dear Esther, though we've never met, I truly hurt for you, I too lost my beloved friend & husband recently.. We had been married for over 65 years, and it is truly devastating.. Don't let anyone give you advice... we all suffer in different ways, don't feel guilty about crying..it does help somewhat.

Hopefully you will have peace eventually,warmly Judy

Ester- I do not know you, but read your posts often, as you are a seasoned O cruiser. My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary on our first O cruise on the Riveria in February. I can only hope he and I can make it 54 years and are able to enjoy as much time togerher as you and your husband! So sorry for your loss and so hope you continue cruising.....Pam

Esther, Betsy and I are so grateful we had the opportunity to meet you and Peter a couple of years ago and spend a few days together. We remember how much he enjoyed every moment despite the problems he had at the time, and remember how happy we were that he had some good results subsequently. We're saddened to know he is gone from our world but are certain he is in a better place -- he was a Good Man. We will fondly remember him, and he will be missed.

Dear Esther,

Like others, I only know you from this board, but I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband. Please be comforted by the knowledge that your friends are holding you close in their hearts.

Ricki

I truly miss not being able to share my day with him. I keep thinking, "Oh, wait till Peter hears this," and then it hits me. Once again, thank you for your kind words. They mean so much to me.

Esther is will take some time until you heal but I am sure Peter is still with you in spirit so it is OK to tell him all the stories of the day

Take time to grieve & heal

All the best

Lyn

Esther,

please accept my sincere condolences. While words can not heal the pain, take comfort in knowing you and Peter are in everyone's thoughts and take comfort in what I am sure are an incalculable number of memories of the great times you had together over all of these years.

Sincerely,

Tim

Esther,

We have never met, but I read your posts faithfully. Please accept my sincere condolences on your husband's passing.

The following was read at my mom's funeral; she passed away at the age of 90 in December. May it bring you some comfort:

From Victor Hugo, “Toilers of the Sea” –

I am standing on the sea shore.

A ship sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.

She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her til at last she fades on the horizon, and someone at my side says, “she is gone.”

Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all: she is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as she was when I saw her, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.

The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me, not her: and just at the moment when someone at my side says, “she is gone,” there are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up a glad shout, “there she comes” – and that is dying.

Sincerely, Mary

Mary, how lovely and kind of you to share this. Thank you so much. Several years ago I was going through kind of a rough time and asked for a sign that all would be well. Within minutes (I was on the beach) I found part of a sand dollar. This unusual because rarely are sand dollars found on our Atlantic coast beaches -- they are numerous on the Gulf. Then on Labor Day I was at the beach with my daughter and her family and as I glanced down, there was another partial sand dollar. I suddenly felt very peaceful.

Everyone has been so kind -- I thank each of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Esther,

I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss of your dear husband. I too, lost My Father on the very same day (August 29th) of a massive heart attack. Mom & I are heartbroken & devastated. I hope Your Husband & My Dad have met in Heaven.

As I'm sure your husband was, My Dad was an incredible Father, Husband to My Mom of 69 years, as well a loving Grandfather & Great-Grandfather. Dad will be incredibly missed by so many.

May I wish You & Your Family only good things ahead, during this incredibly difficult time. If you need someone to talk with, please click on the link below.

Hello Esther,

I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss of your dear husband. I too, lost My Father on the very same day (August 29th) of a massive heart attack. Mom & I are heartbroken & devastated. I hope Your Husband & My Dad have met in Heaven.

As I'm sure your husband was, My Dad was an incredible Father, Husband to My Mom of 69 years, as well a loving Grandfather & Great-Grandfather. Dad will be incredibly missed by so many.

May I wish You & Your Family only good things ahead, during this incredibly difficult time. If you need someone to talk with, please click on the link below.

Host Andy. So sorry for your loss. How wonderful to have had him in your life for so long. God Bless.

Archived