Grand Case for Lunch

joey1

Have been to St Martin many times, but have never eaten lunch in Grand Case. I hear that restaurants close down during Sept? We will be in St Martin from 9-6. Can anyone recommed a restaurant for lunch and is it easy to get there by taxi. We would like to go to Maho also. Should we do this before lunch of after?? Thanks for the help!

Many restaurants in Grand Case do close for vacation during the August - October period, but not all. Many of those that do close aren't even open for lunch, only dinner.

As I've posted here many times, we enjoy lunch at the Grand Case Lolos and at Calmos Cafe. Of the Lolos, our current favorite is Germain's.

th_DSCN5338.jpg

(click)

It should be easy to get there by taxi. I'd expect to pay about $25 for two, and $5 each additional.

Taxi to Maho should be about $30 + $5.

Maho back to P'Burg / Cruise Facility should be at the regular posted rate.

th_Destinationsnew.jpg

(click)

The best plane arrival window is usually between noon and 2:30 or so. Do an early lunch in Grand Case and head for Maho.

Joyce Prince has a real-time arrivals schedule on her website. Check it on the same day of the week that you will be there.

I'd be out of Maho by 2:45 because of traffic considerations.

gary

Here's a website that has some Grand Case information, but note that they are 'sponsor supported' so they only have links, etc. to those who pay them.

Personally, I could easily spend an entire afternoon at Calmos Cafe.

Check out their virtual tours, like this one.

Calmos is about 100 yards from the Lolos.

gary

Here's a website that has some Grand Case information, but note that they are 'sponsor supported' so they only have links, etc. to those who pay them.

Personally, I could easily spend an entire afternoon at Calmos Cafe.

Check out their virtual tours, like this one.

Calmos is about 100 yards from the Lolos.

gary

Gary,

This is exactly what we are looking for!!! A little tired of Orient, but wanted a beach, with food, loungers, bar. Do you rent the chairs/umbrellas? Do I just ask cab to take us to Calmos Cafe? What is distance between Calmos and Mahoo? Thanks so much for info, you are always such a great source of information on this board!!

Jodi

Gary, This looks like a great place to eat. Can we spend the day there eat, drink and swim all day??? Any idea if we need to bring snorkle gear with us??? I was unable to get their email form to work with my questions. I hope they are open the first week in October.

Thanks for your advice.

Relax and enjoy life.

I just sent questions using the Calmos website and got a response in less than 3 minutes.

They are currently closed for vacation and will reopen on October 16th.

Their hours are 10:00 - Midnight every day.

As for snorkeling, I don't think that would be much to see. There are no reefs, no rocks along that entire stretch of beach where Calmos and the Lolos are located. I think you'd have to get down to Grand Case Beach Club or out to Creole Rock for any worthwhile snorkeling.

gary

Thanks Gary. Now to figure out the next plan. We are there 10/3/12. Will check out lolos to eat and swim or grand case area. It sounded like grand case area was more upscale. Calmos sounded just perfect for us. Thanks again.

Relax and enjoy life.

Thanks Gary. Now to figure out the next plan. We are there 10/3/12. Will check out lolos to eat and swim or grand case area. It sounded like grand case area was more upscale. Calmos sounded just perfect for us. Thanks again.

Relax and enjoy life.

There are other places to eat lunch at and hang out on Grand Case beach. We went to a new place very near Calmos and Le Soleil(my favorite place on the island for lunch). Since Le Soleil was closed one day for lunch and we had already eaten at Calmos on that trip we had lunch at the new place. Hopefully Gary remembers the name. I think that it started with an E. anyways, the food was very good and they offered beach chairs for free if you ate there. It is next to Calmos or perhaps 2 doors down. I am not sure what there schedule is for October though. You could also take a look at http://www.snokel-trips-sxm.com/ this is the website for Creole Rock watersports on the other Grand Case beach called Petite Plage. The restaurant on the beach is called Sunset Cafe and it to is a great place for lunch and Petite Plage is a nice beach as well. Since Sunset Cafe is the only restaurant at the Grand Case Beach Club this restaurant will be open.

Karysa, just taking a wild shot (haven't been there), but possibly Restaurant L'Effet Mer?

gary

Yes, that is the one! You are too good to me.:)

BTW Gary, we went on the Golden Eagle trip around the island this past summer and finally got to eat at Calmos. I really enjoyed the Mahi-Mahi. We didn't get to stay long but enjoyed our time there.

Archived