Millie Sky Suite 6146--First time in Suite! What can we expect?

Eve

We'll be on the Millie for the March 26, 2006 sailing. Since it's my 40th birthday, we decided to splurge and get a suite. Any inside information about this Sky Suite would be appreciated. Also, what kind of services can we expect from our butler? Never had one, don't know what to ask for or what he can do for us.

Thanks!

When you splurge, you don't do things by half, do you? Great room choice- it's the largest Sky Suite with the nicest decor (done to match the connecting Penthouse Suite) Make sure you introduce yourselves to the PH passengers, and you might get invited to their parties! Certainly better than hearing them through the wall! :D

Let the butler know what YOU need, and he'll accomodate. We asked for extra hangers, and got 24! We asked him to skip the afternoon canapes and bring us cheeses, fruits and crackers every afternoon, and he even found better crackers than the normal saltines. We told him we'd had REALLY good cheese in the Specialty restaurant, and that cheese appeared with our cheese tray the next day. He set up for a small cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres, glasses, and ice bucket for champagne. He took care of our dry cleaning, and with the butler and our stateroom attendant always nearby, we almost never opened the door to go into the cabin- one of them was always there with a key card. And yet very unobtrusive. Other people use him to serve meals course by course for in-room dining, and a host of other things, but don't forget to tip him for anything that is above and beyond (like our cocktail party or the specail cheese requests) or if you have him do ALL of the above!

When you splurge, you don't do things by half, do you? Great room choice- it's the largest Sky Suite with the nicest decor (done to match the connecting Penthouse Suite) Make sure you introduce yourselves to the PH passengers, and you might get invited to their parties! Certainly better than hearing them through the wall! :D

Parties, do people in the penthouse have parties:confused: :confused:

Have a great trip and let us know which cabin for Asia:D

As for this suite, it really is a nice one and you should feel lucky for getting it.

Eve,

I just could not agree more with the first response that you received.... Recently we were on the Mercury and in a RS, that had a butler... We did not book the suite for a butler, and as you, just did not know what to expect..... It was a first for us..

It turned out to be such a wonderful experience for us.... The butler, well that is their job to serve you and they seem to be the happiest when you make a request from them... Do not feel uncomfortable in asking for something you would like, it is not, how can I say, arrogant or anything. Really, they want you to commicate your desires to them....

Still at first, we did not know what to make of it all, but as the week passed we got the hang of it!!!....

Let me give you a few examples... First formal night , told the butler that husbands clothes got wrinkiled in travel... He wanted to know "exactly" what he woud be wearing.... OK, I showed him...Came back from port.... He had not only his tux pressed, but shirt, everything, and had his whole "get-up", layed out on the bed for him... He even found his shoes, and were placed right by the bed, newly shined ... Man, did we laugh about this.

Next port, and by then I got the hang of this butler thing.... I left him a note asking him to chill a bottle of wine for us.... Ya know, I just wanted it corked and chilled... So he did, but in addition layed out two very fine wines glasses, and left a cheese and Choc.dipped strawberries tray for us... Oh what joy, again. I would ask for something simple and he always found a way to turn it into an event!!

It was so much fun the whole week to see what he would come up with next... A word of caution however.... Unlike a room stewart that does thier job, and you never see them, a butler is present.... He is there when you are there.... The RS has a seperate bedroom with doors and I was glad.... More than once I told Husband close the bedroom door "Elvis is here"""... That took some getting use to, but again, he was in this constant how can I serve you mode... I really enjoyed this whole new experience, and trust me, so will you!!!

I hope I did not go on and on, and take up to much board space... Just re-living crusing, at it's best....Dont forget to come back with stories. I am certain you will have a few of your own!!

Parties, do people in the penthouse have parties:confused: :confused:

Have a great trip and let us know which cabin for Asia:D

As for this suite, it really is a nice one and you should feel lucky for getting it.

We certainly did on Summit. Except for our tablemates, all those in attendance were fellow cruise critics. Some pictures from the party that Jeff took can be found at:

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/special/photos7.htm

Archived