Our family cruise, Magic 8/19/12 w/pics

Meyer2

I love the cooking demo - I hadn't heard of that before. Is there a charge for it?

Also, where did you find your shirts? We are taking our kids on their first cruise in December and I'm trying to to think of a shirt idea.

Thanks for the review - we are going on Breeze in December, and there are obviously very few reviews of that ship - so any reviews of the sister ships - especially with kids- are appreciated.

No, there is no charge for the cooking demo. Our shirts, we picked them up at Wal-Mart & I had a lady locally do them for us. We told her along the lines of what we wanted & that's what she came up with. :) She loves cruising too, so she loves making custom cruise shirts for us. And Your welcome, Thank-you.

Hey girl I miss ya I hope ya okay with Uncle but I know happen uncle's funeral...

Hi Taylor, Thank-you very much.

So glad you are back and looking forward to some more of your fantastic pictures and review!!!:)

Welcome back. Sympathy to you and your family on your uncle's passing. :(

Thank you both!!!

<Side note: Wish I could quote 3 again like before>

Welcome back. Sympathy to you and your family on your uncle's passing. :(

Thank-you!

She probably got a job at some glitzy magazine for her amazing photography, that "big box of cute-sicles" for a daughter just landed an amazing modeling (probably with her hair) contract, and the boys are now in negotiations for the next Disney production about best brother friends.

That's what I think happened.:p

Ahhhh, love it! Very cute. ;) My Daughter would love all that for sure. Thank-you for the compliments.

Actually, I think she has written a couple of reviews, that's why it's strange that she dropped this, and that's why I was kind of worried that something was going on. You never know what happens behind a computer screen. Heck, her computer could have a virus, maybe there is a sickness running thru the family, or God forbid, something worse...so just hope everything is okay...:confused::confused:

Thank-you for thinking of us.

I agree with who posted above... looks like you had a great time and loved the pictures. Your kids are absolutely adorable and I smiled nearly the entire time I reviewed your picture. Thanks for posting.

Thanks so much!

Again, I just want to say thank-you to everyone. And Tammy, love ya girlie, Thanks so much for passing info along for me. :)

My parents had a little treat ordered through Bon Voyage before the cruise & it was delivered this afternoon. Yummy!

DSC_0385_zps046559a0.jpg

Then it was time to get ready to head to dinner.

DSC_0388_zps3c1fc8fe.jpg

DSC_0389_zps04a69226.jpg

DSC_0390_zpse72d3500.jpg

The kids really loved getting to dinner, the waiters always doted on them, they thought that as really cool. Little DS thought it was cool how they just knew what he'd what for dinner. LOL

DSC_0391_zps4bc4b0a6.jpg

My parents.

DSC_0392_zpsa11f7e74.jpg

Dinnertime. DH had jerked pork loin.

DSC_0397_zpsf3cfbd94.jpg

My dad & mom had the meatloaf.

DSC_0398_zpsdb6be6d5.jpg

Oldest DS had a burger.

DSC_0400_zpsf6774be4.jpg

I too had a burger, Yum. I usually don't do a burger in the MDR, but I've had the pork loin a few times & for some reason, the burger sounded good with getting grilled onions & guacamole.

DSC_0402_zps4debb22f.jpg

DD had the kids chicken nuggets & fries.

DSC_0401_zps64034fff.jpg

I can not remember what he thought was so funny, but he was sure cracking up. You never know with this one, he's a character.

DSC_0409_zpsa08c8ce9.jpg

We had cheesecake for dessert.

DSC_0405_zpsd083bab8.jpg

The youngest 2 kids shared some jello.

DSC_0406_zpsc3de020c.jpg

Time for showtime, DD & I danced each time. I normally don't, but I just couldn't tell my sweet little dancer no. LOL!

DSC_0410_zps19efb5fa.jpg

DSC_0414_zps46e772c8.jpg

DSC_0416_zps76da1c8a.jpg

Once we finished up dessert & saying good night to the waiters, we each went back to the cabin & got back into shorts. (Hot summer, LOL) My parents agreed to take the kids with them to the family friendly comedy show & then oldest went walking around & my Mom took the youngest 2 to walk around for a little bit & then to hang out on the balcony of their suite. This way, DH & I could have a little time.

Our towel animal. Hermie the Royal Frog was happy to have a family member show up that night.

DSC_0420_zps2948089a.jpg

And so.....DH & I headed off to the Serenity deck for some quiet time. We love the serenity deck & it's nice during the day too, but at night, there is hardly anyone that goes up there, usually just a handful & it's so peaceful to look up & see the moon.

DSC_0422_zpse157666f.jpg

DSC_0433_zpse2bc5f5e.jpg

You can tell in the picture by the cushions on the chairs, that it was windy.

DSC_0423_zpsef201edf.jpg

DSC_0435_zpsdf99500e.jpg

DSC_0436_zps968ff685.jpg

The bar area that is open during the day.

DSC_0437_zps035dac7c.jpg

And sorry, this time I didn't snap a picture of the hot tubs up there, but if someone wants to see a specific picture of them, I have one in my December Magic review.

I think we laid there for about a good hour, it was just so nice, relaxing & peaceful. We then went to walk around a little bit, DH took a picture of me, it shows how windy it was on the other side of the serenity deck.

DSC_0438_zps4f061a61.jpg

Waterworks area at night when it's closed.

DSC_0439_zpsf3d312bf.jpg

DSC_0440_zpsf18cc784.jpg

Up on the sports deck, there is a new hot dog cart that is open during the day.

DSC_0445_zps02a2ddce.jpg

DSC_0444_zps6c46376b.jpg

DSC_0446_zpsf52ff318.jpg

So glad to see you're back! So sorry to hear about your Uncle, and being sick when you have kids to keep up with is the pits!:(

Thank-you!

Then, we walked deck 12 some more, here's the Lido deck, they were getting ready for the deck party that would be later that night.

DSC_0441_zps148a6857.jpg

DSC_0442_zps24841c57.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

We then decided to sit on the comfy 'loveseat' type chairs on Deck 11 that looks toward the Seaside Theater screen. We just got all relaxed & enjoyed watching others & the sea air. So nice. :D We also did end up talking with another really nice couple that sat near house, for about a half hour or so, enjoyed the company. As we were both still full from dinner, we notice that we see our oldest, walking on deck 10 & stopping by the pizza cafe. I said to DH "Surely he's not going to get pizza & eat?????", he laughed & agreed. We then saw him slowly start heading up the spiral stairs over there & I hollered at him & he saw us.

He came over to visit us, sure wish I'd not snapped so quickly, it wasn't in focus.

DSC_0450.jpg

We talked to him for a few minutes. We mentioned that we thought he looked like he might get some pizza & we couldn't imagine he'd be hungry. LOL. His response "Well, I was trying to get a couple of slices, but the person must have been in the back when I went by, so I'll go in a minute again." :rolleyes: Teenage boys, LOL!

So we told him, we needed to go, as he had found our hiding spot at the moment. :p Of course we were kidding, but we did walk back through the ship slowly as we headed back to my parents cabin to get the youngest two.

This is such a great review. I love your pictures! I am now considering taking the Magic on our next cruise, what a beautiful ship!

Thanks so much. You should! I will be on the Magic for my 3rd time in January & can't wait!

I am loving your review!!!! I cruise on the Magic Nov 25 and your review is making me soooooo ready to board this beautiful ship! Thank you for all your hard work!

Thank-you! You're getting close to your turn! :D

We got back to the cabin & the 4 of us were tired & it wasn't even that late, LOL. So we all got ready for bed & the younger 2 sacked out & DH wasn't far behind. I managed to stay awake for the oldest to get back at his curfew time. I want to say here, I know that our son is responsible & all, but I was really impressed with how he handled himself on the cruise. He was not one of the rowdy kids that were on board & every time we saw him, my parents, without him knowing, he was behaving. Made me proud.

Next up, Is Roatan & we were so excited, but also a little nervous as the Magic doesn't really have a good track record of being able to dock there because of high winds.

So, Wednesday morning, we were up & heading to the Southern Lights MDR for breakfast. We met my parents there & asked to be seated by a window if possible so we could see us coming into port. The hostess put us at an excellent table!!!! At this point, nothing had been said about being able to dock or not.

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

Youngest DS's 2 favorite cereals, LOL.

DSC_0463.jpg

DD with her Frosted Flakes.

DSC_0464.jpg

Lookie what we can see.

DSC_0466.jpg

Archived