Transfer time

Hi

We arrive at Tenerife South airport at aprox 14:45. any one got any thoughts on if it would be quicker/better to book a private trans to the port or just go with the flow and the tour around with the Thomson trans?

There is "no tour around" as the coach goes to the ship and not dropping others off at hotels :) Get your bags of the airport baggage conveyors , a rep will then point you in the direction of your coach, you and your bags onboard . Then about 50 mins later you will be

having your photo s taken and putting your stickers on your bags and the next time you see them you will be outside your cabin .

So go with the flow and enjoy ;):D

Sorry to chip in but occasionally that does happen but usually if you are late out with your bags as they are last off the conveyor - you may become an overspill for the next bus which goes when the next flight comes in - but many aircraft lands at similar times and to wait more than 20 minutes to 30 minutes would be exceptional. It all depends on how many people there are on your flight for the cruise - if the coach takes say 44 and there are 48 for the cruise then inevitably 4 of you will sit on the next bus which is for the next flight due in - but you can tell if others have landed at a similar time as you will see the arrivals screens and the times they arrived above the luggage conveyors at arrivals.

As for the journey - the coach goes as quick as the cars/taxis in the main as it is up a dual carriageway so I would not bother paying extra to go privately in this instance.

I have never been on a Thomson Cruise where the coach has not gone directly to the ship.

Thank you kalos. Do you know if theres a wait at the airport for other flights to arrive. Great that there is no tour around prior to going to the port.

Not that I am aware of :) It is the same going home your cases are colour coded to each flight and coach . Memory serves me right

we had a blue sticker on our cases and we had to leave the ship 4.30 pm for our flight to Doncaster.We were the last flight out for that day ,all the Gatwicks etc had gone earlier in the day but I'm sure they all had a coach each .

Others may tell you if they have shared a coach but we have not .

Hope that helps :D

P.s Just seen Huddersfield tourist has gave you an answer as well

( Thanks Huddersfield , for the info :D Us on the Donny flights are always the last to arrive )

I agree with Huddersfield not to bother with Taxis as it is a fast road to the ship .

My other tip would be to carry a pen for when you arrive at the check in port so you can fill in your forms for boarding the ship they will give you on the coach .;)

There is "no tour around" as the coach goes to the ship and not dropping others off at hotels :) Get your bags of the airport baggage conveyors , a rep will then point you in the direction of your coach, you and your bags onboard . Then about 50 mins later you will be

having your photo s taken and putting your stickers on your bags and the next time you see them you will be outside your cabin .

So go with the flow and enjoy ;):D

That's what should happen - but we've experienced unnecessary delays at the airport due to braindead passengers opting to take a taxi at the last minute but not telling the reps.

Archived