Embarcation time

margbem

Imagine my surprise on the Sojourn at the Patio Grille when our lunch arrived the waiter placed a platter of fried onions rings in the middle of our table saying "compliments of the Chef!" I was sooo pleased but stunned!:D Didn't even know fried onion rings could be served at the Grille ~

Martita B

Imagine my surprise on the Sojourn at the Patio Grille when our lunch arrived the waiter placed a platter of fried onions rings in the middle of our table saying "compliments of the Chef!" I was sooo pleased but stunned!:D Didn't even know fried onion rings could be served at the Grille ~

Martita B

They can't! Someone knew you were coming. The Fried Onion Rings believe it or not are like GOLD on Seabourn now a days. Most ships can't provide them or claim they don't make them anymore.

Sorry for going 'off topic ~

A note as to disembarking ~~ I usually send my luggage home from the ship so I have only a roll-on and my handbag ~I've found I can stay on board after 9:30 am when disembarking. I clear my suite by 8:45 am, go have breakfast, then just "hang out" up on deck until 10 or so ~works well as most hotel rooms are not ready until noon or 1 pm. They are always sailor's, in transit that relax on deck in the morning ~

MB

Sorry for going 'off topic ~

A note as to disembarking ~~ I usually send my luggage home from the ship so I have only a roll-on and my handbag ~I've found I can stay on board after 9:30 am when disembarking. I clear my suite by 8:45 am, go have breakfast, then just "hang out" up on deck until 10 or so ~works well as most hotel rooms are not ready until noon or 1 pm. They are always sailor's, in transit that relax on deck in the morning ~

MB

MartitaB You must really have a very special relationship with Seabourn if you can stay in your suite until 8.45 when disembarking. We have always, right from the beginning several years ago, been advised to leave the suite by 8 a.m.

And I didn't realise that on the little ships you can get food at the Sky Bar at lunchtime on embarkation day? I guess you have charm the rest of us do not possess!!;)

Sending my luggage home from the ship has been an advantage of not clearing my suite until 8:30/9 or so ~the luggage stays on my bed, tagged and ready, until it's picked up by the "baggage team."

And yes, we've always trekked up to Deck 7 and the Sky Bar ('lit Sister's open at 10 am) upon embarkation ~ no one has ever mentioned we could not order drinks or food.

Later we check in ~passport and credit card in hand!

MB

Archived