Waterfall or Has any one been to the beaches?

KIMGORDON16

I am going to Dominica in two weeks on my honey moon. It is one of the stops on our cruise. I have been researching about the various waterfall trips and titou Gorge ect. I read that the water is cold at many of these places. I get cold very quickly and have no tolerance. I was also reading about the beaches in dominica. I read that the beaches aren't the best but Pointe Baptiste, Woodford Hill and Hampstead beaches seem to be the best on the Island. Has any one ever been to any of these beaches. Also how far are they from the port? Generally what is the best way to get to them? Any information would really be helpful!!! Thanks

Well, I didn't see any beaches that were appealing on my visit there. Dominica is a mountainous rainforest, and the beaches are "black sand", due to previous volcanic activity. The mountains start right at the beachfront.

This is one island I would highly recommend you book a tour on. It's a nice change from the typical Caribean "beach club". When I returned home, this was the one island that stood out in my mind. You'll probably have plenty of time to lie on a beach in other ports.

Book a private tour for $25-30 pp, as posted in other threads, and spend the day visiting all the sights.

Apparently, these guys are all good:

Philip supercat180@hotmail.com

Beno benox265@hotmail.com

Lester stopper_b@hotmail.com

Some people on my cruise elected to stay on board in this port.:confused:

Enjoy your trip!

Yes, this is one island you won't want to miss seeing the island. It is beautiful and breathtaking. You cannot experience the beauty from the pier really and the people there are extremely friendly and want to teach you about their paradise.

I would highly recommend taking the private tour as well- you'll get a better tour of the island for much less than this ship's tours and the local people will get your $$$ instead of more to the cruiseline :)

Please consider Reynold of Reyno Tours as mentioned here many,many times:

reynotours@hotmail.com

Archived