Splendor my awesome bar package

am588

I am just concerned that I am going to plan on being able to have this program and then get on board and they don't offer it! I have contacted Carnival twice now and two different people have told me the same thing that it is only offered on the Victory right now!

Since someone on the actual ship has confirmed it as well on their facebook page, why would you even call Carnival. The reps are the LAST ones to get new info.

Since someone on the actual ship has confirmed it as well on their facebook page, why would you even call Carnival. The reps are the LAST ones to get new info.

Because this is my first cruise and stupidly I thought that Carnival reps would have all the answers. Isn't that what they are there for?

I felt that I should be able to trust someone who works for the company. I am just trying to make sure that I know what to expect. I don't like not being prepared.

Because this is my first cruise and stupidly I thought that Carnival reps would have all the answers. Isn't that what they are there for?

I felt that I should be able to trust someone who works for the company. I am just trying to make sure that I know what to expect. I don't like not being prepared.

Looks like the original poster here was posting live from the Splendor as she was making her drink package purchase. Sometimes new info doesn't make it to the phone reps as quickly as it does through social media.

Have a great birthday cruise!

The reps usually read answers off the screen or prepared text, when you asked about the program all the info that had pertained to Victory, so they didnt know it just started on Splendor.

Have a great cruise and remember that this site and facebook is a better source for current info, since you can hear it from actual passengers or staff that have current information.

From what I understand- if one person buys it in a cabin- everyone needs to buy it in the cabin. So for me-3 adults in our cabin it cost about $900 extra for drinks for 7 days. Now if your buddies are in another cabin- you could share. That would be 7 1/2 drinks each per day. It is just like the soda card. Order one drink- give to friend- go to bar or wait for next waiter and get another drink. There is always a way to break the rules.

Relax and enjoy

Excess use will sound an alarm.

According to Carnival via a phone conversation 10 minutes ago this is not available yet on the splendor ??;)

Check post #1 in this thread, they are on the Splendor as we speak and bought the package on embarkation day.

Have a great cruise and remember that this site and facebook is a better source for current info, since you can hear it from actual passengers or staff that have current information.

The people in Miami are famous for giving out bad information. We got it straight from the OP's mouth that they purchased the program on the Splendor. Like SouthernCaribbean said, if you want real answers, come here.

That is a lot of drinking ..

Only if you try and make the limit. To break even, approximately six drinks over the course of a day is what it takes. Couple of Mimosa's, couple of beers at the pool, couple of glasses of wine at dinner, and most are not even buzzing by then.

At first I thought it was a good idea & was interested, but the more I've read about it, there are so many restrictions. No bottled water, no room service drinks, or drinks in the frig, or in souvenier cups, and on and on. I think we'll stick with Bon Voyage bottle, buckets (or tubes) of beer, etc. This is far from an AI drink pkg for those who refer to it as that.

At first I thought it was a good idea & was interested, but the more I've read about it, there are so many restrictions. No bottled water, no room service drinks, or drinks in the frig, or in souvenier cups, and on and on. I think we'll stick with Bon Voyage bottle, buckets (or tubes) of beer, etc. This is far from an AI drink pkg for those who refer to it as that.

Same here. Will be on the Splendor for NYE and thought wow, this would be great! But I will still need to drag bottled water onto the ship and buy a latte if I want one since they arent included. :(

Maybe cheaper and stronger, but fewer options.

Some people like a wider variety of drinks that can be made from just 3 bottles.

Wines, beers,cocktails..etc.

Thats the great thing about this new program, its not for everyone, but it works great for some.

$42.95 per day x 7 days x 2 for two people is $601.30! Id rather have fewer options and the extra $440+ in my pocket for other stuff. $601 is a lot of money for two people to drink for 7 days. Im sure there are some drinkers who wont mind being parted with their money though.

$42.95 per day x 7 days x 2 for two people is $601.30! Id rather have fewer options and the extra $440+ in my pocket for other stuff. $601 is a lot of money for two people to drink for 7 days. Im sure there are some drinkers who wont mind being parted with their money though.

We normally order the 5-bottle wine package to have bottles with dinner, if we didn't do that it would save close to $200 so the drink package, which includes glasses in the MDR, doesn't sound so bad.

Normak bar nill on a 7 day cruise has been $1,000 or more so saving over $300 is a great deal as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

On splendor now signing up, 15 alcohol drink limit a day and unlimited soda. Gratuity is paid on the 42.95 price not per drink.

Are you talking alcohol, if so don't look at the decor on that ship your drinks will end up all over the floor....baaaaarrrrrffffff :eek:

Archived