[B]Mariner D1 Cabin Expert Needed for Bed question[/B]

Dear experts,

Last year we had an inside cabin on Mariner of the Seas and my DD loved the bed that pulled down from the ceiling. She liked the bunkbed style and said it was comfortable.

This year we have a D1 category and I was wondering if our room will have pull down beds or a sofa sleeper. I think the DD will be disappointed if no bunk but more so if the bed is uncomfortable. I heard the sofa sleeper is not comfortable. :( I hope not.

Does anyone know if D1s with 3 passengers has bunks or sofa sleepers. If sofa sleepers, are they comfortable? (I know this is subjective but at least we may be able to obtain a general consensus.

Thanks.

Our kids were just in a D1 cabin on the Mariner. Aside from the two beds the only other place to sleep was the sofa. There was no pullman type bed in the room. We did not use the sofa bed so cannot comment on its comfort.

Go to the RCCL web site, look at the deck plan for your ship, and find your cabin number -- if there is a "triangle" shown with your cabin number you have a sleeper sofa.

I have a question about the pullman beds. We have an E1-- our only previous experience with this was on the disney ships where the pullman was over the sofa. On the Mariner, E1, it says the pullman is over the queen size bed. Is that weird or uncomfortable for those of us below, sleeping in the queen bed to have someone over your head???? And would you bump your head if you got up in the night with the pullman over your head?

Barb

We were in an inside cabin thus not an E1 but our cabin had a pullman bed. It was more to the side but still above one side of our queen bed. It was not much of a problem at all but did require us to use one side of the bed, or end, for entry/exit.

Archived