Luxor, Egypt: Memphis vs Ramses Tour Companies

La Jolla Lass

Anyone have experience using either company in Egypt? Thanks:(

There is lots of info on both companies on the ports of call board on CC.

Both have very good reviews. Note that while Memphis wants 25% payment upfront, Ramses will take the risk and is cash that day. I have emailed both ad note that Memphis has better rates on hotels if you are staying overnight.

There is lots of info on both companies on the ports of call board on CC.

Both have very good reviews. Note that while Memphis wants 25% payment upfront, Ramses will take the risk and is cash that day. I have emailed both ad note that Memphis has better rates on hotels if you are staying overnight.

Thanks. Memphis also says balance is due on arrival at the tour, but we dont like these terms and have a dialogue going on this point. Ramses seems to be a larger operation with many tour guides from which to select, however one reviewer was left high and dry when tour guide did not show. This is why I asked the initial question.

If you haven't already done so, I strongly suggest you post your question on the Africa Port of Call board, as well as research these two companies there. I know that their names come up regularly and you should find plenty of info over in that forum....

We used Ramses for an overnight tour (Alexandria to Cairo) two and a half years ago based on recommendations in that forum. You'll want to get more current info on them, and that's a good place to start.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

We used Ramses two years ago in Egypt. Their service was AWESOME! We were a group of ten and they changed the itinerary to suite us. The bus was clean, the driver was great and the tour guide "Rania" was incredible. They were professional and I had no problem giving my highest recommendation.

Well, received more volume abt Ramses, all good. Decided to try Memphis as venues are the same. Cost p/p $280 (includes lunches) and $30 for Sound and Light Show. Included is a stay at Sheraton Luxor. This is much smaller operation than Ramses. Will post results. Thanks to everyone who answered my post. .

Well, received more volume abt Ramses, all good. Decided to try Memphis as venues are the same. Cost p/p $280 (includes lunches) and $30 for Sound and Light Show. Included is a stay at Sheraton Luxor. This is much smaller operation than Ramses. Will post results. Thanks to everyone who answered my post. .

I thought Memphis was the larger company. Weren't they established in the 1950's? I guess not.

So, what are their terms? What entrance fees are included for $280.00 (for two) per day? Balance at the end of the tour?

To better clarify for Luxor overnight tour

Cost is $280 p/p with entrance fees included. Lunches are included.

We are paying an extra $35 p/p for Sound and Light Show - have seen this advertised at $30 on other websites. We asked to stay at Sheraton, but this will not be as upscale as where ship would put us up.

Company has been in business since the 1950's.

While an established company, what Ramses offers is a choice of guides and each guide is highlighted on their website

My contact with Memphis, however, has been frequent and Mohamed (contact person) seems most responsive AND eager, I might add. We are willing to give them a try and write review later.

Archived