Great Stirrup Cay ???

sandi1967

Hi,

I am bored and making the rainy day go by by researching our Gem cruise. I understand that with Cabana rental you also get a $50 for food.....I also read that lunch was free on this island. If this is true are you able to use the credit for drinks? IS the cabana worth the $250?

We are new to NCL as we have been on 6 Carnival cruises. So excited for a new cruise line.

Thanks,

sandi

Hi,

I am bored and making the rainy day go by by researching our Gem cruise. I understand that with Cabana rental you also get a $50 for food.....I also read that lunch was free on this island. If this is true are you able to use the credit for drinks? IS the cabana worth the $250?

Lunch is included on the island. The food offered is some other choices like shrimp platters, sushi, antipasto, etc.

Yes, you can use your credits for drinks.

Most reviews I've read think the cabana is worth it. Most of the "complaints" I read had to do with there being no refrigerator or cabinet for towels. There are 2 different posters that have said there are now both of those things in the cabana. :)

We are new to NCL as we have been on 6 Carnival cruises. So excited for a new cruise line.

Thanks,

sandi

I hope you enjoy NCL as much as we all do.

Hi,

Thanks,

sandi

There is a separate cabana food menu you can order from (see attached PDF). You can use the $50 for that or drinks but you have to use it on the island, you lose any unused credit. There is a free buffet as well.

Cabana food.pdf

I am going to GSC next August. We booked the Cabana as there are six of us (it works out to abt $42pp that is a cheap excursion compared to the $164pp for Universal in Fla) and I know we will drink more than the $50 credit. My DH and DA do not like to sit in the sun and this offers a way that we can all enjoy the beach together. I hope it is worth it. From what I have read it sounds like it is.

We are just back from the Gem on the 8/18 sailing and we had cabana #2 on GSC. I cannot say enough about the cabanas and they are so worth the money just for the privacy and serenity alone. We did use the $50 credit for 2 rounds of drinks. The food at the buffet was really yummy and the lines were manageable. In the cabana we had chairs, tables, floats, towels, water, chips and 3 different kinds of salsa. The ceiling fan kept the air moving. It was totally worth the money and would do it again the next time we sail NCL. We usually sail Carnival, but have found our new favorite cruise line.

We booked a cabana for our cruise in November 2013! There will be 6 of us and half of our group loves the sun, the other half does not the sun so this will work out perfectly. Also, being in the tropics, expect a shower or two in the afternoon, but having a cabana you have no worries, just duck under the roof and you can still enjoy GSC until the sun comes out again - the others who don't have a cabana will be running back to the ship!

Archived