Which one would you do?

cuppy

Ok - we are leaving in 56 hours and I am still debating what to do on our trip.

I have read several posts saying you must do the Polynesian Cultural Center and then other people who I know that went to Hawaii are telling me to skip it and just go to Germain's lua. What should I do? :confused:

My husband and I are very much into learning about the culture and history of different areas. I definately want to goto a luau if I am in Hawaii. Our friends think we are nuts because every time we goto Mexico we goto the different ruins while they hang at the beach, but we enjoy it. Will we be disappointed in the Polynesian Cultural Center?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank y ou. This is what I thought too - but my friends are saying we would be wasting a lot more money. I do have the coupon - and I am not really worried about the cost if it is something we will enjoy.

Cuppy...

Would you like to see how to climb a palm tree to get coconuts...with your bare hands??? And how to start a fire with nothing more than a stick and some coconut husks?? How about learning of the history of the ukelele??? Those little round shaker things people use playing music...want to learn how to make those?? From real tree fruits.... See how poi is made from scratch... How about purple bread???:eek:

The PCC is all about history and culture...You will never, and I mean NEVER...get these insights from a commercial luau... When Pebbles and I went to the PCC in Feb 2004, it was one of the highlights of our 11 days in Hawaii..top 3 for sure... And the fire dancer in the evening show....he is in a class by himself... Saw the show at the HHV on Friday nite..thought he was great until we saw the guy at the PCC...wow....

And take plenty of film/memory. The river show (at 2:00pm) is NOT to be missed as you get an intensive culture review (both dress and dances) of each of the 7-different villages and it is incredibly colorful...exciting...and peaceful....

Cuppy... you interested now??? :D

If you go, go early...(12:00 opening, I think...) We only got to 4 of the 7 villages...

Aloha!!

If you go, go early...(12:00 opening, I think...) We only got to 4 of the 7 villages...

Aloha!!

I'm with bambam. My husband and I went 10 years ago and that is one thing we are sure we would not have changed. We ended up doing two Luau's and actually wish we had done something different. We went at opening and we got to 6 of the 7 villages but we had to rush on the last couple. Every village is very informative and fun to watch but we really liked the guy climbing the coconut tree best!!!

Definitely do the PCC. If you want the luau, try the Ali'i Luau option at the PCC. Be prepared to stay awhile, the park doesn't open until 11am, the "islands" close at 6:30pm, then you have dinner or luau, and then the evening show starts at 7:30 and ends at 9pm.

HTH,

Steve

Archived