Specials for 3rd and 4th in the med?

Califonria cruiser

Most cruiselines offer a lower "per person" rate for the 3rd and 4th person IN THE SAME CABIN.....it won't be a reduced fare if each couple gets their own cabin. However, cabins aren't like hotel rooms...much smaller, so 4 in one space is TIGHT!

We are used to 4 in a cabin and have done it many times, just only to Europe one time, usually we go to Hawaii or the Caribb. If anyone sees any specials going please post as we have sabbatical next summer so I am definitely crusing just looking for an enticing deal for 4 in a cabin. Already booked my air : )

Jenn

European cruises tend to be pricey in general but what I would strongly recommend is getting two connecting cabins instead of four to a room. Flying to Europe is probably as pricey as the cruise itself (per person). You will tour either DIY or do excursions amounting to $200-$700 per person for a 7 night cruise.

For me- to travel all the way to Europe I'd want to have some relaxation and comfort after a transatlantic flight and hot days of touring. As a mother- I can attest to the fact that the mother usually does all the packing, unpacking and picking up of clothes and hanging up of swimsuits for at least three people. There is no getting away from it. At night all four of you will be trying to get ready for dinner in a very confined space. Kids usually need to go to bed fairly early and tend to be early risers. So this also is hard on each person's sleep- when the tv is left on or you are forced to watch kid shows for most of the time in the cabin.

I personally would allocated funds for two connecting cabins. Either insides or outsides. Then you will have two bathrooms, two bedrooms, twice as much floor space and closet space.

A trip to Europe, anyway you slice it, is a big chunk of change. If it were me- I'd find an itinerary I like first. Then pick a cruise line you like and chose a sailing where you can get the best deal on connecting cabins during the time frame that your family can travel.

Archived