Current Mood in Quebec City

msmoger

In light of the horrific event last night in Montreal at the Parti Québécois victory celebration as well as the Parti Québécois victory itself (albeit a narrow plurality), is there a noticeable feeling of tension among the people of Quebec City?

I'm not talking of fear. I guess I am just wondering if this tragedy is impacting the mood of the city and its people. I realize this just happened and it's probably too soon to tell. However, any insight or observations would be appreciated.

We'll be in Quebec City 10/3 thru 10/7. This will be our second visit. We loved it the first time and fully expect a repeat performance.

Thanks,

The best comment I read about the shooting was a tweet from a Montreal sportscaster, Brian Wilde:

Don't look for meaning here. Crazy doesn't own a language & crazy doesn't have a point to make. Just lament this needless loss of life.

The days ahead will show the real impact of events. But, Quebecers in general are savvy enough to separate the actions of one nutcase from an entire political debate. I think the mood is one of natural shock and horror at such an event occuring.

Archived