KK......You're Home??

sail7seas

I saw your post on a thread today. Welcome Back. How was your cruise?

Hope you had a great time.

Please share. We booked a 10 dayer on Volendam while you were away....You were on Volendam, weren't you?

If you look at KK's Profile you will see that she left on the Zuiderdam on May 7th for a b2b cruise and won't be home until May 21st.

Zuiderdam 5/7/2005 and Zuiderdam 5/14/2005

Don't know where you saw a post from her to-day as her last post was May 3rd. :confused:

Thanks for looking at her profile for me.

:) I'm just not into doing all sorts of research. Guess I'm too lazy. :( Actually, it didn't even occur to me to do that.

Thanks again, Esme.

Sorry....

I freely admit that with all of the signature lines on all the posts, I hardly notice them anymore. I am more than willing to tell you, I barely glance at them and certainly do not remember them unless I make a special effort to take note of a particular poster's cruise plans.

Some signature lines are lengthy. Some have a number of cruises listed. Some have a number of cruises listed for cruiselines other than HAL.

All of that is fine; no problem. It's just that I either consciously or subconciously fail to read most of them.

...I freely admit that with all of the signature lines on all the posts, I hardly notice them anymore...

Me, too! :p

...only read them if I'm intentionally researching someone's past experience or future plans... :) ...don't mind them being there - they just become like "white noise" when you're zipping through a thread.

Me, too! :p

...only read them if I'm intentionally researching someone's past experience or future plans... :) ...don't mind them being there - they just become like "white noise" when you're zipping through a thread.

I ended up stopping the signatures precisely because I was ignoring them and it was taking a lot longer to get through the thread.

I know what you mean - they do add a lot of "bulk" to the threads :) - really love them, though, when I want to research where a particular person has been or where/when they're going again - can't win!

Maybe someday there can be a separate area to register cruise information, and then it won't be needed on each post.

Until then, I'm wearing out my scrolly-downy-thingy. :p

Don't mind us, Sail - we're just chatting until KK returns!!!

... Saw it in her last post today before the cruises on another thread.

I just was reading new posts on this thread this morning and realized part of what I posted yesterday was written a$$-backwards and reads opposite from what I meant.

I meant to say that I saw KK's last post 'which I read today', not that she had posted today. In fact, since there seems to be confusion about that- KK posted for the last time on May 3 as Esme said, so I don't know what you were reading from KK, sail7seas, but it was posted before her cruises and not today. I hate to write a sentence so it can't be read correctly.

Now, about all these LONG signatures! Has this ever been debated on CC? What's the point except they are a pain to get through even if you don't read them- and who cares what ship somebody was on in 1990??? I wish Cruise Critic would limit the length of the list of cruises past and future (how about they have to have been in the 21st century!) and the wild colors! Hurts my eyes. :mad:

I don't have any objection at all about anyone's signature. It doesn't bother me how long they are or what color; how large or small; if they flash or revolve.....just speaking for myself, of course. I think they're all fine and fun and no problem. I simply don't read them more often than not.

I think what you said about reading KK's post yesterday was what I did, as well. I did not take careful note of the date it was posted. All I know is I read it yesterday. I don't take posting/reading the board as seriously as I suppose I could. It is entertainment for me. It is interesting. It's fun. I learn and I hope some of what I write helps others. I am not always prepared to be 'tested' on how careful my attention was to my casual reading.

I am very sure there will be more occasions in the future when I shall have paid very 'loose attention'.

Now, about all these LONG signatures! Has this ever been debated on CC? What's the point except they are a pain to get through even if you don't read them- and who cares what ship somebody was on in 1990??? I wish Cruise Critic would limit the length of the list of cruises past and future (how about they have to have been in the 21st century!) and the wild colors! Hurts my eyes. :mad:

Yes it has, but it has been a long time. Perhaps it is time to start a new thread on this.

Archived