Parking-Tampa

I have only parked in Miami so Tampa is new to me. Is parking easy to find? We are coming from Poinciana (Just South of Orlando). Should we worry about traffic on the Saturday before Christmas? Is valet worth it? The ship leaves at 4 but I was hoping to be on before lunch.

The parking garage is just across the street from the terminal. You can drive up through the terminal, drop your bags, then head across the street to park. It is a quick walk back over. You really can't miss it!

I have only parked in Miami so Tampa is new to me. Is parking easy to find? We are coming from Poinciana (Just South of Orlando). Should we worry about traffic on the Saturday before Christmas? Is valet worth it? The ship leaves at 4 but I was hoping to be on before lunch.

I find the valet to be very worth it. I think it was $5 per day more, but we split that among 4 people. Traffic was managable when we left on Saturday. We stayed on the north end of town Friday night and drove to the port in about an hour.

Forgive the large picture, but the gold explorer near the gate was our car viewed from our cabin. Definitely worth it.

park2.jpg

We didn't get to use valet due to a delayed departure (all the debarkign pax were still in the garage!) but I'd say it's worth it if you have a lot of luggage or mobility concerns.

There is a large parking garage right across the street from the terminal. Valet is $90 for 5 days, or you can self park there for 75 dollars for 5 nights ( not sure about 4 or 7) and you pay in the way in and get a plastic chip to feed into the machine when you exit after the cruise ( don't lose it:eek:). You have to take your luggage down an elevator and across the street, and hand it off to the bellman at the terminal. It's very close, but can be awkward if you have mobility issues or carry luggage ( vs rolling luggage), or lots of luggage. As a light traveler, I would do this to save 15 bucks. But when I was with my limited mobility mom, it was a hassle, and I would have gladly paid $15 extra to have the car pulled up port side for us.

I can't speak to traffic, but I will mention that there is pretty sizable pedestrian mall right there and if there are lots of locals visiting it for Christmas shopping, you might want to build in extra time.

Have fun!

I would not worry about traffic on a saturday morning. The mall area adjacent to terminal is more touristy than local. The aquarium is on the other side but still should be no issues. I have done both valet and parked in the garage there and both are easy. I prefer valet as I am lazy and like to be spoiled.. it is a cruise after all..

actually my favorite way is to leave the car at home and have family pick me up and drop me off...

I normally get to the pier about 1130 and have only had 2 trips that it was not smooth at that time

1-azipod repairs on the radiance ship did not leave till 4am (They let us board but nothing was smooth)

2-jewel was having its coast guard inspection which delayed boarding till 1230

Love tampa for cruising

We used valet back in April with 4 adults and 1 todler in a stroller and it was worth the extra $ to drive up have our luggage taken away as with the car and walk in. Same with exit as the valet is so close took real quick to get the car back. Was a bit crazy with everyone else loading in same spot but no different than the pickup areas we would of had to go to with all our stuff.

If its just two of you and not much baggage then the garage would work out ok.

Also no traffic issues around the port that day if you go around 10:30 to 11:30.

Archived