Tipping the Butler in Queen's Grill Cabins

DDBINK1

What is the protocol for tipping the Butler and assistant in the Queen's Grill Cabins? I never know what to give. Any suggestions?

I usually go by the Berlitz guide on cruising. They recommend $6 per person per day.The same goes for the assistant(who really is the cabin steward/stewardess)You're free to tip more or less depending on service. Or none at all, if you prefer. If the service is good I DO recommend a tip.

You are already paying a big chunk more than on other lines in the way of tips, plus a couple of dollars extra in a suite. Nevertheless, it is always worth rewarding the service that you believe you have received.

If you never saw the butler or CS and the cabin was often untidy then respond accordingly.

If it was always spotless and the butler stood on his/her head to sort out things above and beyond the call of duty then you should show your appreciation.

Above all, it depends on your own pocket and no-one else's. Tip just the same way as you would on dry land in a hotel or restaurant.

One thing you can be certain of - on the last morning, however much or little you tip, the response will be the same. The butler and the CS will be really busy getting ready for the newcomers and will be polite but glad to see the back of you.

Archived