past guest party

hearts12

Due to this new program, my incentive to cruise on CCL is not there anymore. We've only sailed 14 days....will be 21 with this upcoming cruise. Unfortunately, they changed the rules AFTER our booking our we would have looked more at other lines. The other lines all keep you interested in "sticking around" after one cruise. CCL has decidd this isn't important. So if it's not important to them to keep customers coming back after one cruise (sorry, but that one drink pass for breakfast or lunch is ridiculous and was set up so people wouldn't bother getting it), it's not important to us. I was looking for a reason to check out RCL anyway (all our friends cruise RCL). I'm not saying I won't book with CCL next time.....just saying I'm going to be more interested in other lines. No hate mail....just MO.

Can anyone who has been to the VIFP party tell me if they have been allowed (or not allowed) to bring their "red" spouse?

I will be gold (again) on this cruise but DH was demoted to red (He will have 21 days). I would like to check out this party, but DH would be steaming if I went alone. I am not trying to sneak him in or anything. I play by the rules. If its not permitted, I will just wait until the following cruise, when he is gold. Was just curious if anyone had ACTUAL experience.

Due to this new program, my incentive to cruise on CCL is not there anymore. We've only sailed 14 days....will be 21 with this upcoming cruise. Unfortunately, they changed the rules AFTER our booking our we would have looked more at other lines. The other lines all keep you interested in "sticking around" after one cruise. CCL has decidd this isn't important. So if it's not important to them to keep customers coming back after one cruise (sorry, but that one drink pass for breakfast or lunch is ridiculous and was set up so people wouldn't bother getting it), it's not important to us. I was looking for a reason to check out RCL anyway (all our friends cruise RCL). I'm not saying I won't book with CCL next time.....just saying I'm going to be more interested in other lines. No hate mail....just MO.

I understand what you mean. I have not just stuck with Carnival to get up the ladder in loyalty, but it has been atleast a small consideration. Its more like permission for me to try other lines. My next cruise is on Carnival for two reasons only:

1. I bought an FCC on my last cruise before the change in loyalty program

2. They start kids club at 2. Near the end of Jan 2013, my baby is old enough for camp carnival. I have to wait until atleast 2014 before she is old enough on other lines.

In 2014 or later, I plan to try another line. Disney is at the top of my list, but RCCL, NCL and Princess are on the short list as well.

Can anyone who has been to the VIFP party tell me if they have been allowed (or not allowed) to bring their "red" spouse?

I will be gold (again) on this cruise but DH was demoted to red (He will have 21 days). I would like to check out this party, but DH would be steaming if I went alone. I am not trying to sneak him in or anything. I play by the rules. If its not permitted, I will just wait until the following cruise, when he is gold. Was just curious if anyone had ACTUAL experience.

I just got off the Fascination yesterday, sailing with a good friend and I asked the same question of Guest Services. I was told I could bring one guest as long as they were in the same cabin as me, regardless of their VIFP level. When we arrived at the VIFP party, I gave them my invite and motioned that it was for both of us. No problems at all.

Bring him you will be fine.

I understand what you mean. I have not just stuck with Carnival to get up the ladder in loyalty, but it has been atleast a small consideration. Its more like permission for me to try other lines. My next cruise is on Carnival for two reasons only:

1. I bought an FCC on my last cruise before the change in loyalty program

2. They start kids club at 2. Near the end of Jan 2013, my baby is old enough for camp carnival. I have to wait until atleast 2014 before she is old enough on other lines.

In 2014 or later, I plan to try another line. Disney is at the top of my list, but RCCL, NCL and Princess are on the short list as well.

Hmm so you dont think the neew loyalty program is brilliant???icon13.gif We will be doing our first on NCL in Feb.

Hmm so you dont think the neew loyalty program is brilliant???icon13.gif We will be doing our first on NCL in Feb.

I know it's a ways off, but I hope you will come back and post your thoughts.

I'm interested in expanding my horizons as well.

Nope, not too brilliant. I liked the old loyalty program better. But I don't care that much really anymore. Before, I would have needed 6 cruises after this one to get platinum anyway. This will only be my 4th cruise in 7 1/2 years so it would be a while to platinum anyway.

i totally agreed with you, but already are booked with ccl. My first cruise was with rcl. best food of all my cruises. 2nd ncl.

My SIL and I were just on the Conquest. This was her 26th cruise with Carnival and she is Platinum, almost the next level. This was my 8th cruise with Carnival and I now have 59 days. We did not get an invite to this party. We found out about it when a girl who sat at a table by us was talking about it. We went to guest services after dinner to ask about it. They told us they now only have one party and not the two like they did in the past and since we didn't get our invitation they gave us each two coupons for free drinks. We also didn't get an invite back in May. That time though they did two parties and they were able to print out an invitation for us to go to the 2nd one.

This cruise when we realized they had the party and we didn't get the invitation, we did go back to our room and look through all the stuff we had gotten and it was not there. I had been looking for it too because I knew it was time for one. My DH and I will be on the Dream soon and I am going to ask at guest services when the party is. I want to make sure I get to go to this one. I always look forward to these.

Mistakes happen. Our room steward could have overlooked it but I am def. going to make sure I get to go to the one on my next cruise.

Archived