Carnival Breeze or Royal Car Independence of Seas?

stanze5

We are trying our first 6 day (previously done 4 and 5 day cruises) and really prefer a ship with lots of amenities for sea days. Good food and rooms are second and third on the list. Which of these ships would you experts recommend? Ages are 40 something adults, 16-17 yr old teens and twenty somethings are in our group. Prices are neck and neck for both the Breeze and Independence of Seas. I appreciate any input.

What are the itineraries?

We're booked on RCCL for a 6 nt. next March but honestly would have preferred a Carnival 6 nt. due to a better itinerary. Unfortunately the dates would not work for the western carib itinerary that was our first choice.

We've cruised on both and love both lines. The very aft balconies on RCCL are larger but I otherwise thought the two lines were pretty much the same.

• 5 months later...

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would tack on to this old one since I want to ask the same question.

We (self and 11 ds and 9 dd) have sailed RCCL several times before including the IOS. I am debating btw the IOS and the Carnival Breeze for an 8 night sailing next April. Carnival is slightly less expensive and has a way better itinerary (in my opinion) so I am leaning in that direction.

Putting everything else aside except ship features, will my kids be bored or disappointed on the Breeze compared to what they had on the Independence? The slides look pretty cool but other than that it doesnt seem like the Breeze has as many features and activities as the Independence does. Has anyone been on both?

I am sure we'll have a great time on either ship amd I curious to try Carnival but we've always had such a great time on RCCL, I'm not sure which way to go.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Uh, duh, RCI, maybe? Carnival may not be around in the future.

Sorry but what a ridiculous comment. :rolleyes:

Besides the water park, the Breeze also has a ropes course, a mini golf course, a 4D theatre to name a few of things your kids might enjoy on the Breeze.

• 3 months later...

I too have the same question. I am booking in the next day or so. I have narrowed it down to Carnival Breeze or Independence of the Seas. I have been on 5 sailings in the past and ALL have been Royal Caribbean. This next one will be the first with the kids (ages 9 & 16). Carnival looks like it has more to offer the kids, so I am considering booking for the first time with them. Anyone have any input? I prefer RC but I am concerned that there isn't as much for the kids? Thanks:)

FYI: Prices are almost the same, not enough difference to sway a decision one way or another.

We ended up going on Independence of the Seas and absolutely loved it. We had adults as well as my 26, 24 and 17 year old with us and there was something for everyone. Some friends (frequent cruisers) went on Carnival Breeze and said it was nice but didn't love the layout and features as well as the RC promenade ships. BTW-we love, love, love the RC promenade interior rooms.

If I can answer any questions about IOS, feel free to ask.

• 4 months later...

Archived