Java Cafe (on the Jewel)

Snowrose

I've noticed the Java Cafe on pictures of the Jewel, and I understand that you have to pay extra for the premium coffees from there. But my question is, do you have to pay extra for the pastries that are offered at the cafe?

Thanks!

ps...I see your signature says Harry Potter, so I assume you are going to the Islands of Adventure...click on the gem review in my signature for photos of our excursion there. DD had a blast. Enjoy your cruise!

~Michele

That was a great review, Michele! Thanks for pointing it out, you've given me a number of ideas for things to do. :D

How cute! Your DD14 looks a *lot* like my stepdaughter, who is 12, except that your DD has medium brown hair and my SD has dark brown hair - but otherwise they could almost be twins.

Oh, and we'll be asking for a foam topper for SD's couch, too - thanks to your review.

• 4 years later...

What, if any coffee drinks would be included in the UBP at the Java Cafe? In the "conditions" of the package it says "...select Lavazza coffee beverages..." are not included in the UBP. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks much!

I just got off the Jewel on Sunday. I paid for regular coffee with cream at the coffee counter. I believe it was around $2.50. They had French macaroons. They were $2 each.

Years ago, we sailed on the JADE, and the pastries (they were muffins then) were free. This Christmas, we were on the JEWEL, and yes, they had macaroons that you PAID for. Never saw any free pastries. I would have eaten half of them!

We've not been on the Jewel yet, but on the Star, the pastries at the Java are all free of charge...as are all the regular coffees and teas. Only costs extra for specialty coffee and liquor flavored coffee drinks.

Hi,

I was on the Star last April and pastries were free. I`m not sure if all the pastries were free but I did have some very nice cake. I wasn`t aware that regular coffee and teas were free. Thanks for that. Someone mentioned French macaroons I can see that you would pay for those.

happytotravel

I just got off the Jewel on Sunday. I paid for regular coffee with cream at the coffee counter. I believe it was around $2.50. They had French macaroons. They were $2 each.

I am totally confused now. Can someone set me straight on the Java Cafe. Are the reg.coffee and cakes ...cookies....pastries free with the UBP?

I am replying only on my own experiences! On the Jewel,Sun,Pearl,Dawn,Getaway and Escape the pastries in the atrium coffee shop were not free. You pay per item. The only free coffees there that was free ,were in carafes at the far end of the counters that you could serve yourself and No,the specialty coffees were not included with any beverage package

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am replying only on my own experiences! On the Jewel,Sun,Pearl,Dawn,Getaway and Escape the pastries in the atrium coffee shop were not free. You pay per item. The only free coffees there that was free ,were in carafes at the far end of the counters that you could serve yourself and No,the specialty coffees were not included with any beverage package

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for responding to my question. :)