Do you go massive shopping before?

I am looking forward to cruise shopping for the Oct cruise I have coming up with the gals. We have even made a date for our shopping extravaganza! A whole weekend of nothing but shopping, martinis & wine!!

Oooh that sounds like lots of fun. But I could get myself and my Mastercard into serious trouble if I drank the martinis and wine before we went shopping. :eek:

What I love about taking vacations when we have been, is that the last one was in October and this next one will be in September. That equals some really good summer deals at my favorite stores.

And that, in turn, makes my husband happy. It's a win-win for everyone. ;)

My problem is every time I say I'm done, I find something else that is cute, so I get that too!!

Boy can I understand!! I promised myself I wouldn't overdo it this year with buying too many new clothes, etc., but, boy did I blow it. I don't need much of an excuse to go shopping or to buy new stuff!!! When you see something on sale or that is too cute you just can't resist! LOL!!

No not really....

I went on 2 cruises with DH & DD (7) 4 months apart.

I shop everyday... :)

The only days I do not shop are Christmas day and New Years Day and that's beauce the stores in Ontario are closed... LOL

My husband claims I am a shopaholic and a Travel Junkie..

Can you imagine ???

Funny though he never says a word when I buy him new things and take him on trips with me...:confused:

LOL

I usually book so last minute I barely have time to get to the airport

let alone shoppping for a wardrobe..

Enjoy your future crusies everyone:)

I am sooo excited.....I went to the mall with dh to get some electronic stuff and noticed a couple cute formals in a juniors-type store. I was sure they would not fit my "mommy body" and also be too expensive (I want a bargain). Lo and behold, they fit like they were sewn for me and they were both less than $50! Both are floor length black gowns (but very different fabrics and styles). I am so happy to finally have that part of my shopping done. :D

OH THANK GOD I'M NOT ALONE!!!!!

Seriously, I always thought you were supposed to go on vacation with all new close. Thankfully I have convinced my Husband of the fact. No I don't wear anything before the cruise. The only thing that is not new when we walk out the door is my black dress shoes. hehe By the way that includes socks, underwear (nobody mentioned that?) and a new toothbrush usually new pj's that I never wear, that's a whole other thread! I know it is a complete obssesion.

The sickness has spread, hubby asked me if we were going to go over to Orlando, we live near Tampa to go cruise shopping the end of August for the cruise. I looked uninterested and said, "Well if you think we need a few things!!!"

It must be a family thing my sister bought 4 long dresses and two short for our 5 night cruise for her 5 yr old daughter!

I love cruising!

Burnsie

YES I AM BURNSIE'S SISTER AND I DID BUY THE DRESSES FOR MY DAUGHTER, BUT HEY I ONLY PAID $4.77 EACH. SHE'LL BE THE BEST DRESSED FEMALE ON THE SHIP IN THE DINING ROOM. I THINK I END UP BUYING WAY TOO MUCH, MOSTLY FOR THE KIDS. BUT THE PHOTO OP'S ARE A ONCE IN A LIFETIME THING...... OK ONCE EACH CRUISE THING. THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WE ARE GOING YET, I HAD TO STORE THE DRESSES AT MY MOMS SO SHE DOESN'T SEE THEM AND WANT TO WEAR THEM.

Do you? What do you get?

I' started right after we booked. Just buying mostly odds/ends, new beach bag, sandals, the electrical strip, bungee's, etc. I have a corner in our storage room for the new cruise stash:) I haven't bought any new clothes and won't as I'm dieting to loose a few lbs before cruising. My sister started WW and has lost 57.6 lbs, I dont' have the disipline she has but I only need to loose about 25 lbs

(where as she has a goal to loose 100 lbs, it won't happen by the cruise but she'll be close I"m proud of her for finally doing it for health reasons)

But I cant wait to start clothing shopping but that won't be until about August/early sept. oh maybe a shirt or 2 or 3:D :D

My wife and I have done most of the shopping together for we both went on major weight loss for the last 4 months. We both need all new clothing and started out with somethings for the cruise. Both our problems are we dropped to many sizes. She went from a size 8 to a size 2-4 and I wen from a size 34 to a 29-30. So we did the shop till we drop method and still need to get some more for our trip in 2 weeks.

Need to get another bathing suit each and some t-shirts, but I hope that is all.. I leave most of those things up to my wife and just pay for everything.

but having fun doing the shopping with her, I guess you call it the quality time together seeing the new things that fit us.

Last year we started shopping way too late.....the night before our cruise. It was the first time I drove the wife's car in quite a while and asked her when the clunking noise in the trunk started. "Oh, it's been doing it for a few months now". So part of our shopping was for brake parts for the car we would be driving to NYC in the morning. Up until after midnight fixing the brakes. We planned on getting to the pier at 11:00am but we were still in RI at that time picking up odds & ends the day of the cruise.

Boy, do I feel better. I thought it was only me that went wild shopping before a cruise. I usually try to buy a few things here and there but for some reason this time it hasn't worked. I am going to have to some power shopping. I usually don't wear my "new cruise clothes" until the cruise except for any new shoes I might buy. I learned a big lesson on that from a friend. She wore new shoes for the first port and was miserable the rest of the cruise. :(

I try to go hunting and gathering every week and am always on the lookout for cruise wear possibilities. The latest label addiction is CJ Laing, they make adorable embroidered pants, skirts and shorts and can be found new with tags on a certain on-line auction site.

It seems if I wait until just before the cruise to find clothes, I end up settling for something that works rather than what I'm really looking for. Shopping all the time means I have a wide range of possibilities to take along. In fact there's usually too much to choose from! :eek:

Shopping is also my "favorite sport". I feel so at home on this thread, everyone loves the same sport! I always buy new things for cruise, but also tend to bring some of my "old favorites". I always pack way.......... too much, but I have fun doing it. Actually took DH shopping this weekend and didn't buy a single thing for me, he could not believe it. He's going to be looking good though. I feel the urge coming on just talking with everyone, so you can bet I'll probably stop on my way home for a "fix". My favorite local is Bealls and my husband kids me that they have a reserved spot out front for me. Oh, how I wish. Hope everyone has a good time on their cruise, as well as the time spent preparing.

Cindi

Now, here is a topic close to my heart. I love to shop, so the upcoming cruise just gave me another excuse (do I need one :rolleyes: ) to shop :)

My little men (ages 3 and 4) are accompanying me on this cruise and so far, they each have 4 formal outfits... I know we only have 2 formal nights, but I cannot make up my mind. They look so cute in suits.

I have shopped for hubby (He hates getting the mail, cause there is usually something I ordered in there and I make him try it on) and for my sons. Now, I need to shop for me, but I am more last minute with that. Always think I MAY loose 10 lbs before the cruise. :p

I think I have been shopping since we booked the Miracle (6/12) in February. I bought my husband a whole new wardrobe. My girls (12 & 13) of course have gotten the most. I was looking yesterday at what I had for me and all I have new is a couple of dresses and a new bathing suit. You have made me decide I need NEW, doggnabbit!!!!!

That's it.......Mall here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D

I think I have been shopping since we booked the Miracle (6/12) in February. I bought my husband a whole new wardrobe. My girls (12 & 13) of course have gotten the most. I was looking yesterday at what I had for me and all I have new is a couple of dresses and a new bathing suit. You have made me decide I need NEW, doggnabbit!!!!!

That's it.......Mall here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D

Ditto! I was reading this thread and like *sniff* I want some more new stuff! Soo, I have a couple of gift cards I got for graduation that I'm going to be using today along with a little of the money (I don't want to burn it all of cruise prep, I need some for the cruise and to put away!).

Go get something cute!

and don't forget ladies, right now it's prom/wedding season. I know around my area by the middle of June all the leftovers go on sale:D Although I plan on loosing a few lbs I may just see what's out there and if I find something I can't resist I'll get it then just have it taken in a bit if needed. Start checking those shops for sales :)

So, this cruise I needed something for the second formal night (despite my husband's assurances to the contrary). I ended up getting a dress I LOVE!! Oh, and I needed shorts, and I'm short myself, so sometimes finding shorts is difficult. That's why when I found a pair I liked, I bought them in 3 colors. And, is it my fault that at the time I was buying these things there was this really cute top? No, it was fate!

With all that said, I do wear some things before the cruise, but some I save (2 pairs of the shorts, the dress, and the cute top remain pristine in the closet only to be packed tomorrow night).

This year my husband was just as bad buying new sneakers ("Honey, I NEED these"), two new pairs of shorts, a pair of slacks, and at least 3 shirts that I know of.

I love going shopping before going on a cruise.. I finally broke down and bought 2 new formal dresses for the formal dinners before our cruise in March.. I had to wear the other 2 dresses for 4 cruises.. so it was time for some new ones.. I was lucky to find new ones on the clearance rack at Dillards..

Bungee cords for what? I'm glad my Husband doesn't read this, I would have more bungee cords and plastic zip ties. Little does he know what he is missing! lol. better to keep hm in the dark and let me have my fun!

Finally found my swimsuit! Had to pay a fortune, but it fits well and that's what matters (at least that's what I tell dh ;)). He wanted to go shopping with me this year because last year I chose a suit with a wild print that he hated and he wanted to make sure I didn't do that again. I found a really nice turquoise (soild) bikini.

I don't go until October so I will be waiting to buy shorts, skirts and shirts when they are all on clearance a in August and September. Not all, but most. Already bought one formal dress on ebay for I already had one. Lotion, bug repellant, duct tape and all other little essentials are steadily being saved in small trunk.:rolleyes:

Our cruise is in two weeks. Last night was my wife's big night out. Her new clothes cost more than the cruise! Ouch!:eek:

The whole family is booked for a Christmas cruise. After last night's foray I at least have six months to save up for her next mall adventure.:rolleyes:

Our cruise is in two weeks. Last night was my wife's big night out. Her new clothes cost more than the cruise! Ouch!:eek:

The whole family is booked for a Christmas cruise. After last night's foray I at least have six months to save up for her next mall adventure.:rolleyes:

Remind her to pay close attention to what clothes really worked on this cruise and use that to plan what to wear on the cruise in December. It will help her to cut down on the decision making, what to pack (?), and the shopping.

Just a Thought :)

Ms Belvedere,

Thanks for the advice, but my wife thinks that shopping is going to be the next official Olympic sport. She is in training until that day comes.:D

I'm sitting here waiting for the mall to open this morning. Value City has 10% off all purchases today and tomorrow, coupon was in their ad yesterday. :p :p :p

I tried to do a massive shop-out on Thursday for our upcoming cruise, but, I had very little luck. Can you imagine? Two women in THREE malls and the only thing I bought was a pair of jeans and cheap sandals! Sad, sad, sad. :p

Archived