Best for Impatient People?

goLC

Will be sailing from Port Canaveral end of the month. We've always planned WAY earlier, but both of my parents have been in the hospital and I've lost my cruise-focus! We're wanting to try a hotel with park/snooze/cruise deal this time. I've narrowed it down to 3; based on this criteria, which would be best for us? Options: Radisson -$165; Holiday Inn Express - $130; or Hampton Inn - $130. 1) MUST BE CLEAN! :) 2) We are incredibly impatient and don't do lines well when people are pushing/cutting line. I know the Radisson has many more shuttles, but it also has extra people parking there. Does Hampton or HI Exp have enough shuttles to transfer as many people as the Radisson? Or do they also share a shuttle service with other hotels so that it might stop at several places? Actually I think we're more concerned with when we get OFF of the ship - having to stand and wait for an hour would make us get grumpy, I just know it! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I don't have a suggestion for a hotel. But I too consider myself impatient. Therefore, I don't utilize the hotel shuttles anymore. I always take a taxi. A few dollars, for a more private, expeditious journey. More time to spend on the the ship.

We stayed at Raddison this July.

Starting to show its age.

Wow, in July we paid $99.00 for room.

We would have had to pay for shuttle I think it was 4???bucks, can't remember, then plus tip.

Well we are very impatient.

Took a cab at 10:10am 3 people 5 suitcases $20.

Waited in line for a about 10-15 min ish at port.

Walked right up to checkin (we were in GS)

We were #8,#9,#10 on board when the line opened at 11am.

Getting back to Raddison

We love the pool

rooms are starting to show their age.

Our door to the outside, (we were in back by tennis courts) you could see the sunlight coming in through the cracks.

No bugs, well, didnt see any.

Older style bathrooms, but clean.

Smelled like Florida hotel room

Sleep number bed

Microwave, mini refrig in room.

Would we stay here again??

hard to say........could, dont know

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

For sure don't take hotel shuttles to the pier if you want to get going on YOUR schedule. Quicker and especially if more than two people less expensive to do a cab.

MOST hotels do not include a pick up from the pier back to their hotel. If they do, they will wait till the shuttle is full. Again, even if there is a line for cabs, I'd go that route. Just take your time getting off the ship and let those racing to the airport go first. The lines will thin quickly.

I would not book a hotel on shuttle service.

We've stayed at the Radisson the last 2 years for a Easter Week cruise. It is starting to show its age. It was a mad house leaving the hotel but both times we walked right off the ship and there was a shuttle waiting to take us back. I'd suggest you look at the Country Inn. Their shuttle service was very efficient.

I hate to add another hotel to your list to check into but I would check out the Comfort Inn. We are staying there in December and our rate is $110.00. We booked the stay and cruise package.

Their shuttle is picking us up at the port then returning us to the hotel. We stay the night at the Comfort Inn and then take the shuttle back to the port in the morning for our 2nd cruise.

Check out their reviews on trip advisor

I went through the same thing with my parents the last couple of years. Now they both have passed on. Just make sure you buy insurance in case anything happens to them. We take a taxi. After we had an hour to wait after the cruise to do a five min. trip to the airport so we decided no more shuttles.

I swear the whole ship unloaded and left when we were standing there alone waiting for a shuttle.

Archived