A few questions about Tropicante

butterfly2

#1 How far away from the pier is Tropicante?

#2 What is the best (fastest and easiest) way to get there?

#3 How much is the transportation to get there (RT)?

#4 Should I make reservations, and how do I do that?

#5 How much money is it to go there and what does it include? Is there shade available?

#6 I heard they have massages available. Are they just people who rub you down with oil? Or are they rather good deep tissue type massages? How much are they? Was it worth it?

#7 We are not typically early risers. Our ship departs this port at 2 :(. Im guessing we will have to be back on board by 1 so wondering if 3 hours would be enough time spent there?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I am going there next week.

Get the taxi at the hard rock they bwill take you straight there $2.00 per person

You need to e-mail Steve. You can find the web site if you google Tropicanta.He will save you chairs and umbrellas for free. All he ask is that you purchase food and drinks(they are very inexpensive). massges are $25.00 fir an hour.

• 3 weeks later...

We were there a few weeks ago. We got off the ship and were at Tropicante by 8am. You have to be back on board by 1:30. We walked to Hard Rock (people will tell you hard has closed down they have but the taxi station is still there) the taxi took us straight to Tropicante 2per person. You can see the ship from Tropicante but it is to far to walk. When you get ready to leave the taxi are lined up to take you back to the ship.

The massages were great. All Steves girls have a master in massage. They have free wifi and you can also call the US free.The massages were $25.oo for an hour. They used oil. My dh was deep mine was not due to health issues.

After reading all the great recommendations / information, I e-mailed Steve to reserve a couple of lounges.

How does it work in regards to the massages, do we book ahead or just walk up? If it's walk up, is there normally a long wait?

I'm assuming they take US dollar. How much do most tip for each service?

Archived