Coffee shops on carnival ships

hopefrog

Is the coffee and baked goods in the coffee shops included in the fare or are they additional charge? They look yummy int the pics.

Also, I don't know if this question is allowed so don't answer if it is forbidden by Cruise Critic. What us the going rate for beer, mixed drinks and soda or bottle water.

We are going on Conquest in Jan2013 and trying to get an idea of a budget.

Thanks

Is the coffee and baked goods in the coffee shops included in the fare or are they additional charge? They look yummy int the pics.

Also, I don't know if this question is allowed so don't answer if it is forbidden by Cruise Critic. What us the going rate for beer, mixed drinks and soda or bottle water.

We are going on Conquest in Jan2013 and trying to get an idea of a budget.

Thanks

The coffee and baked goods at the coffee shop are not included in the cruise fare. For prices on beer, liquor, etc., go here : Carnival Cruise Bar Menu - Zydecocruiser's

Thanks

How do I get to menu for the Magic for October? Thanks.

Scroll on the left side for the menus you are looking for.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

the desserts at the cafe are very cheap. 2.50 for a slab of cake. cookies were 1.00 strawberries were 5/4.00

sure there are cakes at the buffet but for these prices they blow that stuff outta the waters

Thanks, all the links seem to give me a better idea. I just think it is odd that ice tea is listed on some of the menus at 1.95 but carnival claims that it along with several other beverages are complimetary on the Lido deck 24/7.

Also, do they offer complimentary glasses of water and are they fit to drink. My family tends to consume alot of fluids and I usually drink only bottled water when I travel but 1.95 a bottle is very high. We plan on bringing a 12 pack apeice that is allowed along with 2 local Missouri bottles of wine but I am afraid of how fast we may go through the water.

Do they allow you to bring more water from ports?

Thanks, all the links seem to give me a better idea. I just think it is odd that ice tea is listed on some of the menus at 1.95 but carnival claims that it along with several other beverages are complimetary on the Lido deck 24/7.

Also, do they offer complimentary glasses of water and are they fit to drink. My family tends to consume alot of fluids and I usually drink only bottled water when I travel but 1.95 a bottle is very high. We plan on bringing a 12 pack apeice that is allowed along with 2 local Missouri bottles of wine but I am afraid of how fast we may go through the water.

Ice tea in a can is $1.95 (+ 15% gratuity), but the rest of the ice tea is free.

Water is free and drinkable. You can also ask for or find lemons if you want to make it fancy.

I am pretty sure the iced tea listed on the drink menu is the Lipton (or Nestea) pre-sweetened kind in a can. "Regular" iced tea has always been free on every Canival cruise I have been. I don't remember it being available at any bar. You could get in dining room or in Lido buffet station.

Rules can vary by port, but general guideline is that you can't bring any food or beverage from ports back onboard. You can bring liquor, but they will "usually" confiscate that when you come back onboard and return on your last night to your cabin. I say usually, because when my wife and I went to Cozumel a few years ago, we came back onboard with a couple bottles of tequila. We went through the scanner - not trying to hide anything - and the security person just handed it back to us. So off we went to our cabin. :)

Tap water is free and very safe to drink. I have never had an issue.

Rules can vary by port, but general guideline is that you can't bring any food or beverage from ports back onboard. You can bring liquor, but they will "usually" confiscate that when you come back onboard and return on your last night to your cabin. I say usually, because when my wife and I went to Cozumel a few years ago, we came back onboard with a couple bottles of tequila. We went through the scanner - not trying to hide anything - and the security person just handed it back to us. So off we went to our cabin. :)

Tap water is free and very safe to drink. I have never had an issue.

We've never had a problem with bringing twelve packs of soda or things like Tortola cakes, snacks, etc. back onboard from the ports.

Archived