Dive operators in Roatan

Chucklez

I did a search and came up with numerous results. But I have a few specific requests for our upcoming trips to Roatan. Hoping someone can help us out.

What we want:

Prefer smaller boats. Do not like cattle boats. Dove with Papa Hogs in Coz (doing it again this trip), and like getting to the site quick.

Hoping for West End. Went there our last trip to Roatan but did not dive. Fell in love with the village. Want to go back again. Not a deal breaker.

About us

Wife and I will both be certified approximately a year. I will have 20 or so dives, she will have 12 or so when the cruise comes. Most of the dives have been midwestern quarries with the exception of 2 in Coz and 1 in GC.

Only OW certified.

Can some people give us suggestion on our perfect dive company? We are coming in on Carnival and will be there from 9a-6p, so I dont think time will be an issue. If the dive operator isnt in West End I doubt we will want to go back to the boat and drop off gear (I will have my BC/regs/computer, wife wont, just mask/fins) then go to WE.

On a somewhat related note, I own my own gear and am comfortable with it. We also plan to dive in Cozumel and possibly Costa Maya. In your opinion, would it be worth it to bring my own gear? I was planning on sending my gear in a hard sided case via UPS to our lodging the night before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved diving with Subway Watersports in Roatan. the dive consisted of just the two of us and a Divemaster. The divesites are very close to their location so the rides to the site were short and sweet. The bottom times were good and the dives we did that day were slow drifts. This is where I saw the largest barrel sponges I have ever seen. They were amazing!

The other divers from the ship did the ships excursion were with us the next day in Belize. They said they dove with Anthony Key...sounded like they had a nice set of dives as well.

Used West End divers on our first visit (cruise stop) and they were great. Right in West End Village, small boat (means small group) and a wonderful dive master.

But, on our last visit, a one week stay at Infinity Bay, we used Infinity Divers. Wow, what a great dive shop. They are brand new, so new equipment. New dive boat, not small but they still keep the groups small. Our dive master Roberto was awesome. Great prices and just a great experience. Right on the beach at Infinity Bay resort at West Bay Beach. Right down from Bananarama.

We are headed back at Christmas for another great week of diving and will of course use Infinity Divers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived