Cabo restaurant question

hannahsmomtoo

Not too far and it is walkable. He does take US$. We went there twice, same cruise two consecutive days, ordered the same things and was charged two different prices. Do not be discouraged by the plastic bags over the clean plates. We got his address and google'd for directions.

We like Taco Loco better than Gordo Lele's. It is located the ground level in front of Cabo Wabo across from the Mall. For $8 we got 4 tacos and a beer.

Back in November we paid in USD not pesos. We were getting an exchange rate of 13 peso to the USD. Expect teh exchange rate to be around 10-1

Another place to go in Cabo is the Museum located on the Plaza. A very local museum. Has history from the beginning of time, flora & fauna, Native and Colonial culture, etc. Free but they like donations.

We call it a 45 minute museum. Signage is in Spanish and English.

http://www.gringogazette.tv/activiti...casMuseum.html

http://www.loscabosguide.com/maps/cslmap.htm

The museum is across the street from #47 (Mi Casa) on the above referenced map.

It's an easy walk.

Head down Marina Street until you see the Giggling Marlin (four, maybe five blocks.) You cannot miss GM. Turn up that street (and consider having a quick drink at Rip's...right on the corner across from Giggling Marlln)...Rip's is one of our favorite Cantina's in all of Cabo.

Head up the street one block, and you will see Hooliganz (used to be Corner Cafe) then jag a bit (to your right), and head up from Hooliganz. Gordo's is on the right about a quarter block from Hooliganz. It's just a hole in the wall, but so much fun that afterwards your face will hurt from smiling so much!

Have fun! We have been there many times, and always have a good lunch, and a great time!

It's an easy walk.

Head down Marina Street until you see the Giggling Marlin (four, maybe five blocks.) You cannot miss GM. Turn up that street (and consider having a quick drink at Rip's...right on the corner across from Giggling Marlln)...Rip's is one of our favorite Cantina's in all of Cabo.

Head up the street one block, and you will see Hooliganz (used to be Corner Cafe) then jag a bit (to your right), and head up from Hooliganz. Gordo's is on the right about a quarter block from Hooliganz. It's just a hole in the wall, but so much fun that afterwards your face will hurt from smiling so much!

Have fun! We have been there many times, and always have a good lunch, and a great time!

Thank you so much ! printing this to take !!!!!!!!

Thank you so much ! printing this to take !!!!!!!!

On reflection, I think that I might change my post, a bit.

Walk right past Rip's, and continue on to Gordo's.

Gordo's is an absolutely wonderful place to have lunch, but Rip's is such a great place (and Taco Loco is just 5 feet away), that we all too often get high-centered at Rip's, and then eat the wonderful taco's at Taco Loco!

Eat lunch at Gordo's first, then stop at Rip's and snack at Taco Loco's. (Taco Loco will serve you at the bar at Rip's.) Taco Loco also has a superb condiment bar.

Two of the best (and least expensive) places in Cabo to eat and have a great time....Gordos and Rip's!

Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

On reflection, I think that I might change my post, a bit.

Walk right past Rip's, and continue on to Gordo's.

Gordo's is an absolutely wonderful place to have lunch, but Rip's is such a great place (and Taco Loco is just 5 feet away), that we all too often get high-centered at Rip's, and then eat the wonderful taco's at Taco Loco!

Eat lunch at Gordo's first, then stop at Rip's and snack at Taco Loco's. (Taco Loco will serve you at the bar at Rip's.) Taco Loco also has a superb condiment bar.

Two of the best (and least expensive) places in Cabo to eat and have a great time....Gordos and Rip's!

Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

Just me and a teenager... so I dont think RIPS will be a stop :D!

Just me and a teenager... so I dont think RIPS will be a stop :D!

We take our teenaged grandkids into Rip's. It's an open air Cantina surrounded by small shops. (It also serves as the back entry to Cabo Wabo!, so you might want to walk up the stairs with your teen and have a soft drink at Cabo Wabo!)

You should have a great time in Cabo, we love it there!

Or if you're a little lazy in the super hot weather, take a bicycle taxi for $6-8 for two and get dropped off half a block away from G.L.

Just walk throught the little mall in front of the tender dock by the Oxxo (like 7/11) and you'll find the bicycle taxis waiting for you on the street.

You'll get dropped off in front of a jewelry store and the owner will be outside waiting for you with a big smile but just smile back and tell him you'll come by on the way back and then do what you want... my DW and I had a great time in Cabo... but it was super hot in the middle of the day.

Or if you're a little lazy in the super hot weather, take a bicycle taxi for $6-8 for two and get dropped off half a block away from G.L.

Just walk throught the little mall in front of the tender dock by the Oxxo (like 7/11) and you'll find the bicycle taxis waiting for you on the street.

You'll get dropped off in front of a jewelry store and the owner will be outside waiting for you with a big smile but just smile back and tell him you'll come by on the way back and then do what you want... my DW and I had a great time in Cabo... but it was super hot in the middle of the day.

Also a great idea ! Thank you ! I am a little worried we wont be able to find our way around.. but I am sure there are plenty of locals willing to help for a buck or two !!

Also a great idea ! Thank you ! I am a little worried we wont be able to find our way around.. but I am sure there are plenty of locals willing to help for a buck or two !!

They actually have tourist information kiosks on many of the corners and are more than happy to give you instructions. They'll give you a card for free nachos or bogo margaritas or something similar at specific places. A buck or two is not required. Cabo is actually pretty small, you can walk the whole thing in just a few hours. Go to google maps cabo san lucas and use the street view. You can "walk" your way all around town.

It's difficult to get lost in Cabo, even for those of us that are "directionally challenged". If you are going "up hill" you are headed away from the Marina. Downhill, and you will run into the Marina.....well...generally...unless you wander wayyyyy off of the beaten path.

September and the first two weeks of October are darned hot and humid in Cabo....but....:D...there are lots of Cantinas to re-hydrate in (we call cold Pacificas "Cabo-Hydrates"...

Wander about, have fun, see everthing that you can possibly see, and if you find yourself "directionally challenged", just hail a cab. $6-10 bucks US, will get you back to the cruise docks.

Archived