Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

RMS95

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am coming in late here and it has been discussed but I cannot believe that someone was actually allowed to wear that dress to a formal night...the staff has every right to send you back to the stateroom to change and I am shocked they didnt...poor taste:(

Emmy, however, your dress is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more posts I read of yours, the more I like you. Seriously.

Since the "dress" comments are still happening... If Darth Vader was on a more, "open minded cruise," it is possible her dress did fit in and was tasteful for her cruise. If she was on a family cruise...well I can't put blinders on my boys, but I might try. Believe me, I am NOT a prude in any way.

The problem with putting your photo on the net is people are going to like and not like. It's their choice. Just like people may not like my formals. It is what it is. So if you put it out there people are going to comment and some are going to make some comments you don't like. Goes with the territory. Not liking a dress is not the same thing as not liking a person.

Although I see a lot of people making judgemental clothing comments, I've seen very little of people from CC, that I've met in real life being judgemental of other CCer's onboard ships. For all the opinions I've seen posted that shocks me. Of course *I* might be the one with blinders on :)

OH FOR CRIPES SAKE! I meant, DarkJedi and I posted Darth Vader. My excuse is that I have a sick kid with a horrible ear infection laying on me and looking terrible. I'm half attended on him and on the other kids and the dog is barking and I'm reading the boards...you get it. Sorry about that.

The more posts I read of yours, the more I like you. Seriously.

Since the "dress" comments are still happening... If Darth Vader was on a more, "open minded cruise," it is possible her dress did fit in and was tasteful for her cruise. If she was on a family cruise...well I can't put blinders on my boys, but I might try. Believe me, I am NOT a prude in any way.

The problem with putting your photo on the net is people are going to like and not like. It's their choice. Just like people may not like my formals. It is what it is. So if you put it out there people are going to comment and some are going to make some comments you don't like. Goes with the territory. Not liking a dress is not the same thing as not liking a person.

Although I see a lot of people making judgemental clothing comments, I've seen very little of people from CC, that I've met in real life being judgemental of other CCer's onboard ships. For all the opinions I've seen posted that shocks me. Of course *I* might be the one with blinders on :)

OH FOR CRIPES SAKE! I meant, DarkJedi and I posted Darth Vader. My excuse is that I have a sick kid with a horrible ear infection laying on me and looking terrible. I'm half attended on him and on the other kids and the dog is barking and I'm reading the boards...you get it. Sorry about that.

Jedi, Vader, same movie series, we knew whatcha meant ;)

I am no prude either, but the wearer has to know that people do not just go around in polite society wearing that stuff. Sure, you see more skin in a bikini, but at a pool or beach that is appropriate. Even is she did have the body for it and wasn't all white and lumpy cottage cheese-y it is still not appropriate attire for a family atmophere. They are obviously looking for attention and they have to realize that when it comes to attention seeking, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Now stop making me look at that picture! :eek: LOL!

It's gonna burn my retinas! :rolleyes:

I'm gonna go back and admire Emmy's dress some more to wipe my retinas clean...

This was my mother & me on the HAL Noordam to Alaska last year. We had two formal nights. Click on the picture to see it larger.

157019499_Epeor-Ti.jpg158737596_rYLBZ-Ti.jpg

Well well well aren't you just DASHING?? Love the red vest and love love love the tie in the 2nd post.

You are a good boy to take your mom to nice places :)

I dress up every night for dinner... I don't go anywhere at home to dress up so I always have fun with it on the ship. Anyway... Formal nights are always a fave of mine. Here are two pictures of my dresses on both the formal nights. I don't have a picture of "just me" in my second formal night dress, but you can get the idea.

I have loved looking at everyone else's pictures here!

http://csimelissa.smugmug.com/gallery/4518670_rPc5B#266034287

http://csimelissa.smugmug.com/gallery/4518701_bYpJZ#266029778

I can actually see those dresses being appropriate if the cruise was an adults only, chartered cruise for something like the Adult Video Awards or something like that. We have them here in Vegas a couple of times a year. But other than that even I would have to go:eek: :eek: :eek:

At first I thought the shock was all the ladies with their well... girls hanging out for the world to see and then I saw the real shocking pictures. Why would you wear something like that if not for shock value. I guess I'm on the modest side and don't feel comfortable letting it all hang our and having other men other than my DH looking at my breasts or other parts that should be covered.

Here's a few of the Formal and not so formal my wife has worn on cruises. Phil

Phil you lucky dog, wifey is HOT! Love the dresses, I have a red one similar to hers!

See, this is a perfect example of having things properly covered but still looking S-E-X-Y. This woman in these dresses looks far sexier than the bag o' trash in the chains :eek: could ever dream of looking.

Rock on Phil and Phil's wife!