Is the weather pleasant in May for a Canadian cruise?

This past April, we took a TA cruise to Europe and it was still cold and rainy in May. The weather didn't cooperate until we hit the beaches in Spain. I'm afraid of making a similar mistake with a trip to Canada. Will it be warm enough in May? Or should I push it out to the summer.

We don't expect to hang out in bikinis and Speedos. :D. We just want to enjoy the scenery without a heavy coat. I'm talking about a cruise from Boston to Quebec/Montreal.

Also, any suggestions for cruise lines in that neighborhood? I'm a 36 year old guy taking his 70 year old mother. So far I've found that Holland America, NCL, and RCI cruise that area. We usually do RCI, but was wondering if the others are good too.

Thx!

This past April, we took a TA cruise to Europe and it was still cold and rainy in May. The weather didn't cooperate until we hit the beaches in Spain. I'm afraid of making a similar mistake with a trip to Canada. Will it be warm enough in May? Or should I push it out to the summer.

We don't expect to hang out in bikinis and Speedos. :D. We just want to enjoy the scenery without a heavy coat. I'm talking about a cruise from Boston to Quebec/Montreal.

Also, any suggestions for cruise lines in that neighborhood? I'm a 36 year old guy taking his 70 year old mother. So far I've found that Holland America, NCL, and RCI cruise that area. We usually do RCI, but was wondering if the others are good too.

Thx!

Re Weather in Atlantic Canada could be warm/ sunny or cold/rainy most likely the latter a little later in the season might be better June/ July but there are no guarantees definitely should be warmer??

Go to wunderground.com and enter some dates and ports of call and you can do a historical search for aver temps. and precipitation.

However, this year when planning for our similar cruise leaving this weekend, the temps are higher than the averages. Has just been a weird, warmer than usual weather pattern. I'm not complaining! And who knows what will be FOR SURE from day to day. ;)

Archived