Upgrade with free flights offer

purdypuss3

hi has anybody else had any similar issues to me we booked liberty 22 sailing when rci had free flights offer, my original friend had to drop out sadly and it became a right pain to geta name change, thankfully all sorted now, we have however been told if we now want to upgrade our room,not only would w have to pay upgrade price but also repay the freeflight price, we didnt have to last year, and as my friend is a first time cruise I would of likeda nicer room, than my original friend would pay for, any help much appreciated , thanks :D

Liz I called in to travel agents several times,and was there when she phoned rci, and they said I would have to repay the free flight cost and it would be inc in upgrade cost..

Sadly now the cruise is fully booked so theres noupsells available apart fron suites, and I couldnt afford that. I booked an inside room with original person, was going with and she had to cancel. My friends family have paid for her to come instead its herfirst holiday for years, an early 50th, and first cruise, so a room with view or balcony would ofbeen nice, but hey we will still have a fab time :)

Liz I called in to travel agents several times,and was there when she phoned rci, and they said I would have to repay the free flight cost and it would be inc in upgrade cost..

Sadly now the cruise is fully booked so theres noupsells available apart fron suites, and I couldnt afford that. I booked an inside room with original person, was going with and she had to cancel. My friends family have paid for her to come instead its herfirst holiday for years, an early 50th, and first cruise, so a room with view or balcony would ofbeen nice, but hey we will still have a fab time :)

Sorry it didn't work out for you :(

If there had been cabins still left that you could upgrade to I would have suggested you call Crown & Anchor (I am assuming you are a member) on 0844 493 5010 and ask them if they can explain why the free flights could not have been re-applied if you paid to upgrade.

I have done an Inside cabin quite a few times and there is nothing wrong with them..heck I bet you and your friend are too busy out and around the ship having a ball :D especially with it being your friend's 1st cruise...get out of the cabin...sleep, shower, dress go !!:D:D

Archived