Wine tours in Provence and villefrance

dons44

Does anyone know any reasonably priced tours in either place? We will be on Liberty of the Seas in June. Do you have to book in advance or can you book tours upon arrival like the Caribbean. Never been to Europe so I'm trying to learn how it works. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know any reasonably priced tours in either place? We will be on Liberty of the Seas in June. Do you have to book in advance or can you book tours upon arrival like the Caribbean. Never been to Europe so I'm trying to learn how it works. Thanks in advance.

I'd love to hear from someone with experience on this too - we'll be in Toulon in late October! :)

We just returned from a Med Cruise aboard NCL Epic. We also used Provence Wine Tours for our port day in Marseille. I do believe they pick up from many of the ports right there in that region though.

We actually had Marion the owner as our guide. She was amazing. We visited two wineries then went to Aix en Provence for about 1 1/2 hours. Marion is so knowledgable about wines and the vineyards themselves. The country here is absolutely beautiful, and we really enjoyed learning and tasting about the wines.

Just being able to see the beautiful countryside then to visit Aix en Provence was a delight, not to mention visiting the two wineries also.

This was one of my favorite days on the Cruise. Acutally that is hard to say, because every day was amazing, and I keep going back and forth saying, no that was my favorite day, no maybe Naples was, but anyway you get the picture. If I were to plan this all over again, I would not change a thing.

Travelqueen, can you tell me what other tours you did. We also will be going to villefranche, livorno(Florence), civitavecchia(Rome) and Naples. Thanks for your input.

For the three Italy ports, Naples, Rome and Livorno, we used All Around Italy . . www.allarounditaly.com every day. The owner Fabrizio was an amazing guide and greeted us right on the pier every day. By the last day we felt as if he was family. He had tours he recommend for each port, but each could be changed or added to based on what ever you wanted to see or do. For Naples, we drove along the Amalfi Coast and stopped along the way for pictures, then went to Postiano for about an hour and half of shopping and walking around down to the beach area. We then had lunch at the most amazing restaurant I have every been to. Beautiful views of the Amalfi coast with the most amazing food. Last but not least we went to Pompeii. Fabrizio arranged for us to have a private guide there, which was well worth the extra money.

In Rome, we saw just about everything you could possible think of. I felt a little overwhelmed by the end of the day, but the purpose was to show you the high lights, a little of everything, so you could get a tast of all Rome had to offer. We could have requested to see what every we wanted, but Fabrizio lives in Rome and Rome is his passion, so we left it in his hand. Was a good choice for us.

For Livorno, Fabrizio took us first to Pisa, Florence, then a drive through Tuscany with a stop and tour at a winery. The entire day was just amamzing. Florence had so much more than we anticipated and we would love to go back and spend a few days there. Fabrizio had pre-ordered our tickets for the Accademia and the wait in line was very short. The drive through Tuscany and visit at the winery, was one of the most memorable days of this entire cruise (but that is just what I love).

Fabrizio's van will hold up to 8 persons. He does not add persons for you. When you book, he gives you prices for 2 persons, 4 persons, 6 persons, etc. We had 4 in our group already and went on our roll call and found 3 additional persons for each day to help with the price. This ended up being so much cheaper than any cruise excursion and so much more personal.

Sorry to write so much, but we just got back, and I am still soooo excited about everything we did. Have a great time on your cruise

How much was the all around Italy tour for the 3 days?

Each day was different, depeding on where we went, what he pre-purchased for us and if we were using a private guide some where (such as Pompeii and Vatican). It is priced on the number of persons in your tour. I would email Fabrizio and let him know what you are interested in and let him quote you prices.

Archived