Orange Fever / Le String - updated info requested

WestTexasCruiser

Please West Texas Cruiser if you go there come back and post about it.

What is the beach like in that area-crowded?

Thanks

Laura

September is low season on the island. Many ships are still in Europe and it is hurricane season so the number of land vacationers on the island will reflect this. In other words Orient Beach will not be crowded when you visit. Now January 2nd during my visit with 7 or 8 ships in port and throngs of land vacationers, well that will be another story altogether.

I've seen lots of positive posts regarding Orange Fever and Le String - for chairs, shade, food & drinks. Some are a couple if years old. Has anyone been to these recently? Headed there the first week of October and updated info would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

I went to Orange Fever twice last year as I had seen Gary recommended it. Had a great time and I was very comfortable there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Went to Le String two weeks ago. Everyone was wonderful there! We got there around 8:30am and got seats right in front. There was an outdoor shower to rinse off and one bathroom that was clean, if not kind of rustic. I think it was $15 US for two padded loungers, an umbrella and two drinks. We will be back there next year, we felt very welcome. We have been to a much "nicer" spot on the beach with French food that was served with a very nasty attitude. This was a totally different experience. Great spot!:)

Orange Fever gets my vote, great food, great prices and great location. Oliver the owner takes very good care of you and I have been there 30-40 times. He will do anything to accomodate your needs. On one vacation I didn't rent a car and he brought me a case of wine to take back to the hotel.

Edited by Packedready

Orange Fever gets my vote, great food, great prices and great location. Oliver the owner takes very good care of you and I have been there 30-40 times. He will do anything to accomodate your needs. On one vacation I didn't rent a car and he brought me a case of wine to take back to the hotel.

Does Orange Fever offer a package with two chairs, an umbrella and drinks?

Does Orange Fever offer a package with two chairs, an umbrella and drinks?

Yes...their website has all this info.

http://www.orangefeverorientbeach.com/

The "package" of 2 chairs, and umbrella and 2 drinks you described would be $14.

(It didn't mention anything about an "all you can drink" package, if that's what you meant, though.)

Looks like a nice place and gets good reviews from here and other places....

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

• 2 years later...

First time to St. Maarten this coming November - wondering if there are jetskis to rent, parasailing, vendors or any other kind of activity at Orient Beach? We are 6 adults travelling with two 14 yo's that will be looking for something to do while we relax with from what I hear - great burgers and cheap cold beers. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

First time to St. Maarten this coming November - wondering if there are jetskis to rent, parasailing, vendors or any other kind of activity at Orient Beach? We are 6 adults travelling with two 14 yo's that will be looking for something to do while we relax with from what I hear - great burgers and cheap cold beers. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

LOTS to do at Orient. vendors for food, hats, clothing. Jetskis, parasailing and just about anything you can think of! Its the "happening" beach. have fun!! Make sure you pick up some "Guavaberry Liqueur" while you are there. Its the only island you can buy it and you wont be disappointed :D

Wondering about the construction and change in ownerships mentioned in another thread about these places. Are these still there, and if so, are they still expected to be there in November and January?

I heard that the owners of the beach bars were all coming back. Two that I know for certain Orange Fever and Le String will have the same owners.