Does anyone still decorate their door?

Sunburns

Sailing on the Freedom in November for our 25th Anniversary. I'm thinking about decorating my door. Does anyone still do this?

We do every cruise.

It is fun, and makes for finding the cabin so much easier.

Congrats on 25 years :)

We do every cruise.

It is fun, and makes for finding the cabin so much easier.

Congrats on 25 years :)

TYVM! We are so excited to be going! I have never decorated one before so I'm at a loss, but I guess I have plenty of time to plan! Do you have any helpful hints or ideas for me?

Usually only when my kids are with me. We leave on Saturday WITHOUT the kids, so I wasn't planning on decorating it. One of the sweetest ladies from our roll call just posted the one she made for me and it is ADORABLE...I can't wait to show it off :)

Here is a thread that has some ideas and others talking about how they decorate their doors. This might help you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1697591

I decorate our doors as well. Like others said, it helps to find your door later on. Our next cruise, I will be decorating it for our daughter but just not sure how yet. It will be her college graduation cruise. I'm still working on exactly what I would like to do.

Good luck and have fun!!!

We started decorating our doors when our girls were very little, mostly so they could easily find Nana and PopPop's room when they got up early! They've always enjoyed making signs for their doors and it's really fun when you have a group of cabins and the girls personalize the signs for each cabin. it makes it very easy to find everyone. We have occasionally had people rip down the signs :( but mostly people like to see them and comment on them. We're spending Christmas on the Conquest this year so I'll have to put the girls to work thinking of how they want to decorate for the holiday.

We never had until our last cruise on RCI...they had some arts & crafts classes; first one was to make a door sign so my wife and daughter made one. I'll ask our daughter to make one for our next cruise when we get closer to sailing.

This is cool! Thank you all so much! I was afraid it was a thing of the past. Gonna check out that link and see if I can get inspired! Thanks for the tips!

You're welcome!!

And to add that you may want to put your cabin number on your decorations so that they don't get taken. At least that was what we did on another cruise, and they were not touched at all. I had read that on here and thought I would try.

We decorated our door for our last 2 cruises and we are planning on doing it again for our back-to-back cruises in December. Here are the last two......

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011031.jpg

this was during Christmas last year on the Carnival Legend

P1010996.jpg

this was in March onboard the Carnival Fantasy

I've been doing it for years and will again on our Valor cruise next month. We often cruise for our Anniversary, so I make a special sign. The room steward told me he liked it because it made our names easy to remember, which is funny because we're John and Mary !:D

I have three smaller foam signs with different foam sparkly stickers on them that I use on every cruise. They're covered with sea critters, palm trees, sunglasses, fins, etc., and I usually put a print of one of my underwater photos on one. On holidays, I'll get a string of appropriate beads to hang around them. My boyfriend really likes the decorations because he never remembers the cabin number. LOL

I go to the Dollar Tree and buy the wall decor stickers. I found a really cute monkey in a palm tree with some birds. They also have alphabet stickers if you wanted to write out your names. The stickers peel off of the door at the end of the cruise without leaving any residue (which I'm sure the cabin steward appreciates).

We had a big picture of Yoda from star wars and we posted different quotes every day like '' waves be calm '' and "lines be short'' and ''come to me melted cake'' we had fun with it. And we were glad we brought post-its and clothespins to clip notes on our friends mailboxes.

Wow! Great ideas and examples everyone!!! Thx! I can't wait to get started! We will be going between Thanksgiving and Christmas so I think I will stick to the Anniversary and port themes. Now to figure out how to combine them a little.... hmmm...

I posted this "lazy " tip idea in a previious thread simular to this one. But here it is again.......

go to the dollar store and buy window clings, they usually have a variety of them (espeically if it is close to a holiday) but they have others that are just for every day or special occations. The stick right on (sometimes you just have to moisten the back with a moist washcloth) and they peel right off at the end of the trip!!!

Easy Peasy!!! :D

Archived