Horizon to Bermuda Dinner Dress Schedule

poppycat

Could anyone tell me who was just on the Horizon what the dinner dress code schedule was for the week. I think I read that the Zenith had 2 formal, l semi-formal, and 4 casual. Will it be the same for the Horizon or does that change from week to week? I won't be sailing until October 15th.

Hi, poppycat. Tell you what - I'll let you know when we return from our Horizon Cruise. If you haven't already, check out my Horizon Cruise website for lots of Bermuda Info. As I understand it, the Formal Nights are the first at sea night and the night of departure from Bermuda. Again, I'll let you know. Drop me an e-mail as a reminder since I have CRS. ENJOY!

Thanks for your reply and hopefully your review of the Horizon. I have checked out your web page, it's great and very useful. I'll check back with you later in June. If anyone knows if it's one or two semi-formals, please let me know. There are 18 of us in our group and someone already asked if I knew the dress for each of the nights. The brochure says 2 formal, 2 semi-formal, 3 casual, but someone from the Zenith says they only had 1 semi-formal.

1st night - casual

2nd night - formal

3rd night - informal

4th night - casual

5h night - informal

6th night - formal

7th night - casual

Informal dress - men, slacks with jacket (tie optional); women, pants suit or skirt/blouse or dress

Casual dress- men, slacks with sport shirt; women, smart tropical

Formal - goes without saying

Of course no shorts allowed in the dining room at any time.

art

Thanks for the dress schedule. I originally thought it was two semi-formals from the Celebrity site, but was surprised hearing that the Zenith had only one. Surprised that they are different since they are sister ships with practically the same itinerary. It probably won't matter for me because I pack way too much anyway, but some others in my group wanted to know. My sister and husband are in the balcony cabin (lucky, but I get to visit) and I'm next door in 1072. Anyone ever stay in either of these two cabins (noise, vibrations, motion etc.)? Looking forward on hearing other experiences on the Horizon. I always wanted to sail on her and who couldn't love Bermuda.

Thanks again,

Pat

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks! I wonder if X drops the second informal nite all the time, or just for certain weeks. This same scenario happened on our Millie cruise in Jan, only 1 informal nite. I wish the tickets would reflect up to date information (X are ya listening?)

Can anyone else comment on dress code schedule for the Horizon? I would really like to know if X is following the same schedule every week before I pack. Do I follow the cruise documents (2 informal) or past cruisers schedules (1 informal). Any help would be appreciated

If it helps, I packed for both. What I did was pack a tux for both formal nights and a sport coat and slacks for the informal night. When it went to casual I dropped the sport coat.

Don't worry about it. Nothing was enforced. On casual night people in shorts were in the dinning room and on formal night there were people in sport coats and no tie.

Just have fun

Thanks everyone! This is one time that men are harder to pack for. It's a whole lot easier to pack one more polo shirt for a casual nite than it is to pack a sport coat, dress shirt & tie. I know, I know, the tie is optional for X, but with DH it is not. He feels like he needs to wear a tie with a sport coat, and he feels like he needs to wear a tux on formal nites, so I'm not complaining!

Archived