Help! Where to stay in Genoa/Savona???

single_spice

Hello, everyone.

I will be a solo cruiser on the 5 June sailing of Costa Fortuna, out of Savona. I'll be arriving in Genoa the night before, as well as spending the night after the cruise in Genoa/Savona before heading back home.

Does anyone have recommendations in terms of reasonably priced accommodations in either Genoa or Savona?

Thanks in advance!

Solo_spice

Single-Spice:

I recently spent the night in Genoa, after a cruise on the Magica out of Savona. I stayed at the Agnello de Oro hotel for 85 Euro, including breakfast. It is a small, older hotel but very clean and the staff was very helpful with dining recommendations and transportation assistance. The hotel is less than a block from the Principie train station where you can travel by train between Genoa and Savona for about 5 Euro and also catch the airport bus (Volobus #100) for 3 Euro. The hotel was also recommended in several travel books.

Have a great trip.

Dave Smith

If you want a dinner "to die for" in Genoa head to Zefferino! with reservations.. it is one of "the" best restaurants in Italy, family run and the food is amazing. Frank Sinatra used to eat here as well as many other famous statesmen, etc. They have only one other restaurant in the World .. at the Venetian in Vegas.. but I'm told it doesn't hold a candle to this place.. lots of locas there also. Not cheap, but, oh my, the menu, food and service

Archived