Can I change dinner seating for one night?

2boyzmom

"We want to eat at the first seating for dinner the first night of the cruise so we can attend the camp carnival orientation and disco party with the kids. "

Look for your "roll call" and ask fellow cc'rs sailing with you with early seating, if they would swap for the first day. We did this years ago on our Destiny cruise - worked out great!

Unless like in our situation for my DD & DH and I onthe Victory in January,

The 3 of us were seated at a table for 4 and in our row of 6 tables there was only one other table which had people seated. The second evening our server asked if we would have preferred the earlier seating because there is no one assigned to these tables next to us. We said no that we liked the late seating even with our child because that is the time we tend to eat.

There may be a possibility, it does not hurt to ask. All they can say is no.

Enjoy your cruise...:)

Its open seating, the first night, on Destiny for people boarding in San Juan. After the first night you will go to your assigned table for the rest of the cruise.

So I take it that open seating is only at tables that are not set up as assigned Tables ?? I don't mean to question it, but it does not make since that it's open for some and others are trying to still have the asigned seating??

Can you explain it in a bit more detail for someone that has never sailed before. Thank you Randy

So I take it that open seating is only at tables that are not set up as assigned Tables ?? I don't mean to question it, but it does not make since that it's open for some and others are trying to still have the asigned seating??

Can you explain it in a bit more detail for someone that has never sailed before. Thank you Randy

There are usually less than 100 people that board the ship in Aruba and Barbados. So its not a big deal for them to eat at their assigned tables every night. They generally are seated with other people that boarded the ship with them If you didnt read it here, you would never even realize that passengers board the ship in Aruba and Barbados.

On Sunday when you board the ship you will get you S&S card, it will have your dining time and table number. That is will be your dining time and table number for Mon-Sat. On the first night you will either dine at 5:30 or 7:45 in the Galaxy or Universe Dining rooms.

Does that help?

Archived