Bermuda-Excursions or not

sailing on the voyager this june and wondering should we do the excursions or not? Thinking about going to a nice beach, 2 adults, 4 children (16-5), maybe by taxi?? Second day thinking about going snorkeling in the dockyard??? Any ideas would be welcomed? Thank you in advance for any help you can give. We are docked at Kings wharf.

There is absolutely no need to to take excursions in Bermuda.

From King's Wharf to Hamilton, take a water taxi. The south shore beaches are accessible by taxi or bus.

It's a bit far from King's Wharf but, there is a safe, sheltered beach with snorkel rentals at Tobacco Bay in St Georges.

I agree, Bermuda is best when you set out on your own. Buy the bus and ferry passes and they will get you anywhere you want to go. Dont miss Horseshoe Bay, Warwick (rough waters at times) Tabacco Bay, or Jobsons Cove. All great spots.

Buy a bus pass for the length of time you will be in the ports. It will take you from end of the island to the other and is also good for ferries. Plus... a lot of fun for those of us who enjoy getting a real flavor of the country

We rent a scooter/moped. DH drives, I sit on the back. He's very careful, can manuever the turnabouts and because he used to own a motorcycle, he can handle the moped. Driving on the "opposite" side of the road has never been an issue.

We feel that this is the only way to see Bermuda, however, the scooters are not for everyone. When you're not dependent on public transportation, you can cover a lot more ground in a short period of time. We just take off and head to our favorite places. ;)

We rent a scooter/moped. DH drives, I sit on the back. He's very careful, can manuever the turnabouts and because he used to own a motorcycle, he can handle the moped. Driving on the "opposite" side of the road has never been an issue.

We feel that this is the only way to see Bermuda, however, the scooters are not for everyone. When you're not dependent on public transportation, you can cover a lot more ground in a short period of time. We just take off and head to our favorite places. ;)

Some of the roads and turns in Bermuda are VERY,VERY treacherous. I believe the cruise lines tell people not to rent scooters because of the danger. Being human, we are certain that nothing bad will ever happen to us, but why take the risk?

We took an "organized" "island tour" and really enjoyed it. It took us to a lot of the places where buses don't go and to some of the large resorts. It gives you an overview and then if you want to explore on your own, you have some references.

Yes, but if you're an experienced scooter driver and drive at a safe speed, we feel it's no more dangerous than driving on I-95 during rush hour. ;)

Some of the roads and turns in Bermuda are VERY,VERY treacherous. I believe the cruise lines tell people not to rent scooters because of the danger. Being human, we are certain that nothing bad will ever happen to us, but why take the risk?

Tobacco Bay near St Georges is a ways from the Dockyards, but its a sheltered beach so it is good for young children and there is some snorkeling there. Once in St Georges, you can either take a taxi or walk there from the the town.

We were there 3 yrs ago - my son was 10 at the time - it is beautiful - we went to the Hartley helmet dive - it was great - he loved it - it is not far from the dockyard - you can take the bus there - have a great time

Has anyone been to the snorkel park? I've read about it and was wondering if the snorkeling was good there. I'm not sure if we should pay to take a snorkel trip or if we should just go to the beach and rent the gear...

Archived