Spa Appointments - only onboard???

ladymadeline

This will be our third Regent trip (October) and the last two times we boarded early and raced to the spa to book appointments and found a mob of people booking appointments for our few "at sea" days. Needless to say we did not get our preferred time slots. Is this still the case? Isn't there any way to book in advance???

Yes, it is possible to book in advance. I think once you are within 90 days you can call the Canyon Ranch Spa (look for the number on the CR website). Tell them your departure date and vessel and they can take reservations.

However, once you get on board you are going to want to make sure that you got the time slots you wanted. On our last cruise we made reservations in advance and when we got on board they had been changed. Luckily we were able to change them back.

On our last three or maybe four cruises I have called Canyon Ranch cruise line, (there use to be a number on the Regent website but I can't find it any longer, will post it following this as its on another email address book, anyway.... you can call them 60 days prior), and have booked all my necessary appointments, and have then received an email about a week later with those appointments. Only once have I had a time change, and it was only a half hour difference which was fine, once onboard you receive the appointment cards on your door sometime on embarkation day. All the other times have been the times I requested.

As TC2 says, port days they offer specials with reduced rates, but not all treatments have reduced rates, only the specials and they can only be booked on those days, the specials change from day to day, and Canyon Ranch cruise desk has no way of knowing what those will be, so if you book something ahead for port days you pay the regular prices.

The treatments are very theraputic and the massages, my favorite is the hot stone, are amazing, although it can also depend on the person you get, last time my hot stone was so good, I had a second one near the end (we were on the ship for three weeks) with the same Massuse (sp?) and they gave me a reduced rate on the second one.

Will post the phone number in a bit.

Here's your answer found on Regent Site under faq

Beauty salon services and spa services including manicures, pedicures, facials and a variety of spa treatments are available by appointment on all ships. For your convenience, you may reserve your Canyon Ranch spa treatment by calling Canyon Ranch at 877-329-1924 beginning 60 days prior to your cruise.:):)

For those not familiar with the Canyon Ranch area code it is on the West Coast of the US. Pacific time. I found this out the hard way - by calling and calling and getting an answering machine that never once indicated to me which time zone they are on. OK if you live in the US since the call is free but from here it is not!!

Making the reservations ahead of time by phone worked well for me (once I knew they were 9 hours behind us!!)

Some ports have spas where you can receive better treatment at 25% of the cost of having it done on Regent. Our experience with the procedures have been good..... but the attitude of some of the staff at Canyon Ranch Spa have been average to miserable. We already have booked our own spa treatments in Phuket Thailand...... they are known for their massages.

Thanks to all of you I have my appointments booked for our Monte Carlo to Buenos Aires cruise. The main number is 877 329-1924. I had to leave a message but they called back. They left a direct number to a reservationist, and I called back, no problems. So now just waiting for the documents and we're really ready to go!

Archived