Formal night 1 vs 2

OC Mom

On all of your past Carnival cruises, do you tend to see more people dressed better/fancier on the first formal night versus the second (or vice versa)??

Do you tend to see people skipping the second formal night or do most attend both nights? (I know the supper clubs can impact this as well).

I've found that the first is usually the fancier of the two if that really helps you any.

One of the reasons I want to know is to help us choose which night to dress in our "fancier" formal clothing. But, like GoinCruisin said, I have to take into account which dress I'll still fit into that late in the cruise.;) It's so much easier for the men.

One of the reasons I want to know is to help us choose which night to dress in our "fancier" formal clothing. But, like GoinCruisin said, I have to take into account which dress I'll still fit into that late in the cruise.;) It's so much easier for the men.

I don't know if it's a woman only thing I seem to remember a couple of pair of trousers that wouldn't fit towards the end of my first cruise. Must have been that sea air that shrunk them;)

First night is more formal. Seems to me that is (mostly?) always the Captain's dinner with the surf and turf (lobster and prime rib). Getting two or more entrees is required.

Even if wearing jeans, they tend to go on easier the first formal night, and also be cleaner. :p

I always thought the second night was the more formal night. However, that is usually when they also have the midnight buffet. We eat at the second seating for dinner and felt that we were being rushed through the dinner (lobster) so the waiters could setup for the banquet. Perhaps next time I'll wear my best dress for the first formal night.

Hi Melissa, on Carnival, Lobster is served on the first formal night, which is also the night of the Captains Gala... so that may be why people are more dressed up on the first night with Carnival...

Archived