"Freestyle" and the Single Cruiser

bcc99

For those who are fans of NCL, do you think that the whole Freestyle setup would work well for a solo traveler? I haven't cruised with NCL for a long time, and it looks like I'll be giving it a try next year--I've got MBNA points that will start to expire soon. But I'm a little apprehensive, especially about the dining arrangements...in the past when I've gone by myself, it's made me feel more comfortable having assigned tablemates to get to know. Is it pretty easy to make casual acquaintances around the ship and just meet up with them for dinner? Would greatly appreciate any insights or opinions. Thanks! :)

For those who are fans of NCL, do you think that the whole Freestyle setup would work well for a solo traveler? I haven't cruised with NCL for a long time, and it looks like I'll be giving it a try next year--I've got MBNA points that will start to expire soon. But I'm a little apprehensive, especially about the dining arrangements...in the past when I've gone by myself, it's made me feel more comfortable having assigned tablemates to get to know. Is it pretty easy to make casual acquaintances around the ship and just meet up with them for dinner? Would greatly appreciate any insights or opinions. Thanks! :)
Being a single cruiser with Freestyle is great! I've done 5 or 6 Freestyle cruises as a single cruiser and it was the best. I was able to make friends and make plans for dinner just like I would at home. I wasn't stuck at a table as the third or fifth wheel to other couples or a family with me thrown in. I could come and go as I please with no restrictions on my time. I think you'll love it!

Thanks, Cecilia! I'll have to dust off the charm and see about meeting some fun people onboard. I'm considering the Norwegian Star's 8-day Mexican Riviera itinerary, but I doubt I could resist a good price on a 10-day Caribbean or a Canal cruise.

Did my very first cruise as a single male cruiser at age 65. I fully enjoyed meeting way more people with the free style dining that I would have with a set time schedule. And I was able to catch up with several of my table mates for a second and even third dinner on the 15 day cruise.

Go for it, you will have plenty of new friends by the end of the cruise.

Thanks, Cecilia! I'll have to dust off the charm and see about meeting some fun people onboard. I'm considering the Norwegian Star's 8-day Mexican Riviera itinerary, but I doubt I could resist a good price on a 10-day Caribbean or a Canal cruise.
One of my single Freestyle cruises was on the Star's maiden voyage. Great ship for Freestyle and the single cruiser! Lots of restaurants to choose from and lots of places to meet people and plan out dinners and other activities. I'm married now so I'm not a single cruiser anymore and we're looking into the 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise for 2006 on the Star.

Archived