Tuxedo Rentals

OC Mom

We're thinking about renting a tux on our Valor cruise instead of buying and packing formals for dh (he actually doesn't even own a suit).

Do we have to worry that Carnival will run out of tuxedos in dh's size?

Does one rental price get you the tux for the whole cruise (ie: both formal nights)?

I heard some time back that there were outside companies that rent tuxedos and deliver them to the ship. Anyone have any info??

Thanks so much. :D

Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask about formal wear rental can be found at

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Formal+Wear+Rentals

I would suggest that as soon as you have your travel documents, give them a call and reserve one ahead of time. I was going to recommend http://www.cruiselineformal.com but it appears they do not serve Carnival line.

Cheers!

Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask about formal wear rental can be found at

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Formal+Wear+Rentals

I would suggest that as soon as you have your travel documents, give them a call and reserve one ahead of time. I was going to recommend www.cruiselineformal.com but it appears they do not serve Carnival line.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info! :) Have you ever used Carnival's service before?

Okay, we've decided that we're gonna rent a tux :). I know that you take the Carnival sheet of required measurements to a suit/tux shop to get your measurements taken. What place does this for someone who obviously won't be a customer?

In response to your first question, I have not cruised Carnival before. Our only cruise to date has been on the Mississippi Queen. Our Volendam cruise next month will be our first "real" cruise:) .

For your second question, any place that rents/sells formal wear will be able to take his measurements. You may have to pay a small fee but most should be willing to do so.

If you can't find a place, you most likely can do them yourself. All you really need is a cloth tape measure which can be found at your local sewing establishment.

Cheers!

Okay, we've decided that we're gonna rent a tux :). I know that you take the Carnival sheet of required measurements to a suit/tux shop to get your measurements taken. What place does this for someone who obviously won't be a customer?

Any rental shop should do this. You tell them that you need to get fitted for an out of town occasion. I didn't pay anything.:)

Archived