Another new Disney ship coming?

ReyRey

On my recent sailing on Fantasy we were discussing booking another Disney cruise with our head waiter. During our talk he had told us that he has heard another ship is in the works and it will be called Disney Wish. Has anyone else heard this?

On my recent sailing on Fantasy our we were discussing booking another Disney cruise with our head waiter. During our talk he had told us that he has heard another ship is in the works and it will be called Disney Wish. Has anyone else heard this?

While DCL has an option with the shipyard that built the Dream & Fantasy to build two more ships, there are none being planned for currently.

Karl Holz (President, DCL), announced shortly before the Fantasy came into service that they would be concentrating on building a good cruising experience with the ships they currently have for a number of years.

:)

On my recent sailing on Fantasy we were discussing booking another Disney cruise with our head waiter. During our talk he had told us that he has heard another ship is in the works and it will be called Disney Wish. Has anyone else heard this?

No new ship has been ordered at this time their current priority is upgrades of Magic and Wonder.

The industry has some activity with Disney on the next 2 vessels, but nothing defined as yet. They could be the Dream class, or in my opinion and there a good deal of discussion that it maybe a new class, sized about 100,000 tons, which is gaining favor as alot of people seem to love the feeling of the classic vessel size. This 1000,00 would be a compromize between the two classes.

In any case, even if things are moving behind the scenes, your looking at 5 years before the 1st one would be in service.

AKK

Wishful thinking.

Crewmembers are probably the least reliable purveyors of news.

I first learned of the Disney Magic when the project was put out for bid among the shipyards. Ship trade magazines have the earliest news.

It's similar to the DVC watchers. They look to see what building permits have been pulled for Disney Vacation Development. These leads predate press releases by years.

Wishful thinking.

Crewmembers are probably the least reliable purveyors of news.

I first learned of the Disney Magic when the project was put out for bid among the shipyards. Ship trade magazines have the earliest news.

It's similar to the DVC wathers. They look to see what building permits have been pulled for Disney Vacation Development. These leads predate press releases by years.

That's funny about the crew members because I learned about Disney sailing to Alaska at least a year before the anouncement was made. I heard it from one of the officers aboard either the Wonder or the Magic.

Any major purchase, contract or commitment to Disney such as a new ship would have to be reported to the board, the stock market, and made public.

That information could not be kept private, as soon as a commitment is entrered into it has to be made public.

The building of the ships that then were named Dream and Fantasy as we know them today was made public as soon as they entred into the commitment.

Currently DCLs focus is on the Refurb of the Magic for six weeks next year and then the Wonder, and then may consider the fleet size, but with other projects like Fantasyland and Cars land, which also are major investments, cruise ships and cost will have to be considered carefully.

Archived