Maya key private island retreat/ roatan

cruisinmeme

we want to do the Maya key excursion and was wondering for those that have been if (1) they have a changing area and showers (2) water available for free or purchase other than at meal time. (3) do you stay the four hours stated or is there a ride back at all times (4) was bus bad? Play to bring spray, just curious if they www real bad.

This excursion gets good reviews and we will have grandkids from 8-16 years old and thought they would enjoy this. I know the meal may not be a lot, but not having to worry about finding a place to eat will be a good thing.

Thanks in advance

we want to do the Maya key excursion and was wondering for those that have been if (1) they have a changing area and showers (2) water available for free or purchase other than at meal time. (3) do you stay the four hours stated or is there a ride back at all times (4) was bus bad? Play to bring spray, just curious if they www real bad.

This excursion gets good reviews and we will have grandkids from 8-16 years old and thought they would enjoy this. I know the meal may not be a lot, but not having to worry about finding a place to eat will be a good thing.

Thanks in advance

We did this excursion in 2011 and liked it so much we are doing it again in 2013. There are excellent changing facilities- I don't remember about the showers.

I'm sure bottled water is a available. The boat goes back and forth to the dock all day. We stayed longer than most people. There were some sand fleas but they weren't that bad. I thought the meal was delicious. They set up a nice buffet by the pool and the iguanas come by while you're eating, hoping for a bit of your salad. My daughter was 12 when we went and she loved it. The animals are interesting, the swimming was good, the beach was clean with shade available, the staff was friendly. I think you'll enjoy it.

We booked privately with Maya Chan resort and have been twice

Price included: transport, food, all drinks, toilets, showers and changing area, sea kayaking, snorkeling, private cabana area with chairs and hammocks per family.

clean beach, they look after you - the only pain is the transfer there - they use a private company bus which isn't a great bus and the road is bumpy. When you leave they call taxis which are pre paid. Zack looks after you when you arrive and the barman knows how to mix some good drinks as well as provide water and soft drinks

Love love love this place. No bus is involved--you get on a water taxi that takes you across the bay from the dock by the front of the ship--about 10 minutes and you are there. We didn't shower after using the large pool, there are several outside showers, don't know about the inside showers. Place was very clean, owned by the Anthony's Key resort family. There was a large cooler of water and tea available as well as bottled water and other drinks--available at the bar by the patio area. Great snorkeling from the dock. Have a great time.

Maya Chan is in Costa Maya--fun place but not what you were asking about.

OP.. I'm just going to throw another option at you. Maya Chen. We were there last year and it was a wonderful day for us. Honestly it was a day that stands out in our memory from all of our cruises. I'm not trying to take you away from any other beach club, I'm just mentioning that if you want another option, Maya Chen was fantastic. Service was great, the people were extra friendly. We had such a great day there. There is no doubt in my mind that we would go back there in a heart beat, given the chance.

Thanks for the info. I don't remember if I ask about towels. I can always ask on the ship. Would love not to haul 5 big towels mlol

I have heard nothing but good about this excursion. The kids are hoping to see monkeys.

They'll see plenty of monkeys and also our favorite, Julius Caesar the anteater. Honestly, it's a great excursion. And definitely no bus because it's an island.

Archived