Excursion help!

Buster1968

Looking for input and advise on exclusions while we port in GCI. Am interested in somethg tht would include Stingray City, snorkel, Rum Point and Starfish Beach and Possibly Hell? Has anyone done all those places or is tht possible? Have seen lots of reviews but find it confusing to make a decision on Wht is our best option. Thanks!

That would be tough to accomplish on one excursion, especially since Hell is a land stop in the opposite direction of the rest of the stops. Everything else could possibly be reached in one water excursion. You just might not have much time at each stop. I'd just pick the Rays/Reef/Rum Point tour or a similar one, and skip Starfish Beach. It's not worth rushing the other stops to fit it in, IMO.

Looking for input and advise on exclusions while we port in GCI. Am interested in somethg tht would include Stingray City, snorkel, Rum Point and Starfish Beach and Possibly Hell? Has anyone done all those places or is tht possible? Have seen lots of reviews but find it confusing to make a decision on Wht is our best option. Thanks!

Forget Hell, not worth the trip as it is in West Bay with the Turtle Farm and neither are as interesting as a day on the water in our opinion.

What times do you arrive and leave? If time permits I would highly recommend the Fat Fish Adventure with Peter and Richard on wave runners as it's one of the best excursions we've taken and we've done many. See their reviews on tripadvisor or their facebook page. If you can take their last tour of the day at 1PM it's a 4 hr tour. If you need to get back to the tender by 5PM you may be able to have then modify this tour to get you back in time.

They pick you up and give a very interesting informational tour on the way to Prospect where you get on the wave runners. For the excursion you go through the Mangroves, then head to the reef, then to Stingray City, then to Starfish Point where you will see starfish and Richard may be able to find the dolphin that hangs there. You then head for beautiful Rum Point where you can buy lunch, the BLT grouper sandwich is excellent, and their mudslide is the best. You may then hit Kaibo for a stop or drive back to the dock,depending on how much time you spend at each stop. It's an amazing tour and an excellent outfit.

After we took this tour I spoke with out hotel concierge and she had taken it a few weeks earlier and she said it was the most amazing experience she's had since coming to GCM and she has taken several of the cat tours as part of her job. Phil, the bartender at Coconut joe's, also praised them, he had taken it a week earlier. So the locals agree it's the best.

If you can't take the late tour they have earlier 2 hr tours that hit Stingray City and the reef and maybe Rum Point if time allows. Both excursions are $175 for a 2 person jet ski so the 4 hr is the better option if you can take advantage of it. The wave runners are very stable and it's really a blast riding them from one point to another. We had one friend with an injured shoulder and she had no problems with the ride or getting on and off the wave runners.

Do check them out, can't recommend that excursion enough! If you're not interested in this one I would agree with the previous poster that a tour that hits stingray sandbar and Rum Point is the very best choice for your day on GCM.

Have a great day!

Thank u for the advise! The jet ski excursion does sound amazing and I will definitely check into it. I know my kids would love this but it has been awhile since I was on a jet ski. Wht about getting in and out of water on the jet ski? Is tht difficult where we would b going? Do u get in with sting rays on this excursion and is there a snorkeling portion to it?

Very easy to get on and off, you're waist deep at stingray and still easy at the reef. you're beached at starfish and waist deep at RP. We had no problems even with one injured shoulder.

You get great personal time with the stingrays because it's a small group. I forgot to mention that's the best part, Richard makes sure each person gets one on one time with Frisbee or another ray. The reef is a good snorkel

• 4 weeks later...

Archived