cape canaveral area hotels

We are traveling to cape canaveral by car in october to board the Mariner of the Seas. I'm trying to decide what hotel to book for our pre-cruise night. I'm thinking we will be getting in late afternoon on saturday, so the hotel stay will be short. I'm looking for some advice on the following hotels pros/cons. We will be parking at the port so no need for a shuttle.

Comfort Inn & Suites - Cocoa Beach $80.00 night

Hilton - Cocoa Beach $194.00 night

Best Western Space Shuttle Inn - Cape Canaveral $80.00 night

Ramada Inn & Suites - Titusville $65.00 night

TIA

You can get the hilton for $74/night on easyclicktravel.com's website (it's one of the "off the record" deals). We're staying there on Sunday and I'll post a review when I get back. We chose it for the great price, the fact that it was on the beach, and I had read a few good reviews in recent months thanks to it's new renovations.

Hope this helps! :)

The Radisson at the Port. It offers FREE shuttle to terminal and you can leave your car there for FREE, too! We booked a package that included breakfast for 2. Our total was $139. Our kids did have lunch prior to leaving the hotel. You may want to look into this soon, it will sell out.

It was great to see so many faces on the ship, the same ones we saw by the pool. There is also a great view of the ship first thing on Sunday morning. The hotel is only a mile from the terminal. Not to mention not too far from Cocoa Beach.

We were quite displeased with our suite (so my parents could have a separate room) at the Resort at the Port, except for the hot tub in the room. The room looked dirty and the sofa bed I had was horrible.

We also got the feeling that the staff wasn't very attentive - the same dirty room service plates in the hallway were there from the time we got there to the time we left.

In addition, the shuttle was off schedule.

Thanks all!

Laurasue - I went to easyclicktravel.com, and they did not have the Hilton listed. They did have an off the record hotel listed for $74.00 night but they will not tell you which one it will be. Is this they way you booked off the record? The Hilton is the one I had my eye on - But at $194.00 night for a few hours of sleep is a bit steep!

Dandude22 - Are you talking about the Radisson at the port or RonJon Resort?

i hated the radisson

the resteraunt was terrible with not much choice of other things in walking distance (unless you count mickey d's across the way)

They "refused" to call me a cab when i wanted one saying you will never get too the port that early.

the bar was nice though and the rooms clean AND it is the closest

but id rather stay in kissemmee and just get up earlier

Yep, they don't tell you until afterwards, but you will know it's the Hilton if it has this description:

This hotel is located beside the inviting waters of the Atlantic along a long stretch of sandy beach where you will find our great service and tropical flair. For guests who desire greater pampering we are pleased to offer our Executive Level, highlighted by complimentary continental breakfast, evening social hour and upgraded amenities. The hotel has an oceanfront restaurant, loundge and poolside tiki bar. Guests can relax on the largest sun deck on the Florida Space Coast- take a dip in the heated pool- or play a round of golf or a game of tennis just minutes away. The Kennedy Space Center- Astronaut Hall of Fame- and Space Coast Museum are just a few minutes away. Orlando- home to Disney World and Universal Studios- is only a 45 minute drive away.

**The hotel is now open and will be undergoing renovations through 2005. Current renovations may cause some invonvenience to guests. Some noise may be heard during daytime hours. In August the parking lot will be resurfaced. **

I was thrilled with the deal we got, especially because the Radisson was $50 more expensive/night. Also, easyclicktravel.com allows you to cancel so if you change your mind, you can (unlike priceline, etc.)

You can get the hilton for $74/night on easyclicktravel.com's website (it's one of the "off the record" deals). We're staying there on Sunday and I'll post a review when I get back. We chose it for the great price, the fact that it was on the beach, and I had read a few good reviews in recent months thanks to it's new renovations.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey Laura....Have a great cruise....we did our first on Sovereign in March and loved every minute of it!

I'll look for your review of the Hilton.....will have family looking for a spot to stay before our Xmas cruise.

M.

I would also recommend the Radisson Resort at the Port. The hotel was very nice and our room was beautiful (loved the jacuzzi). The grounds were a little rough looking because they had boarded stuff up because a hurricane was coming. We had gotten a package that included a 2 room suite with jacuzzi, breakfast for 2 each morning, drink coupons and a bottle of champagne for $299 for 2 nights. Now we only got to stay one night so they cut the price in half and we still got all the other stuff. They do have a free shuttle and free parking during your cruise. There isn't a lot of restaurants around there. But I hear there is a nice place at the port called Grills. Best of luck on your search.

Dreaming of Panama Canal 10/06

The Mariner again 10/05

Mariner of the Seas 9/04

We also like to come in a day ahead. We like to leave our car at the port so we can walk straight off the ship to our car -- no waiting for a spot on the shuttle. Also, if you leave your car at the port, it's locked in a secure area (as opposed to sitting unattended in the hotel parking lot).

We like the Day's Inn in Titusville. It's nothing fancy, but it's less than $50 with a AAA discount. And it serves a decent breakfast for free (sausage biscuits, doughnuts, fruit, coffee, juice).

The location is ideal: When you pull off the interstate, you can see the sign -- it's that close. In the immediate vicinity you'll find plenty of restaurants: Cracker Barrel, Ryan's Steakhouse, and several fast food places -- not exactly gourmet cuisine, but we like to eat cheap the night before the cruise, knowing we'll be "living it up" soon enough. We usually have to make a trip to the nearby SuperWalmart for dress socks, sunscreen, or some other forgotten item. And we like to gas up the car so it'll be ready for the trip home. When you leave the next morning, it's less than 30 minutes to the port.

I have stayed at the Clarion Inn and Suites on Merritt Island twice and the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach twice. I had no problems with either one. Got the rooms for around $50 on priceline.com. Wouldn't hesitate to stay at either place again. Only about 8-10 miles from the port.

The Hilton has newly refurbished rooms (thanks to the hurricanes). It was a bit run down before. If you can get it for $74, it's a good deal. Hampton and Courtyard on Cocoa Beach are both relatively new properties. Either would be a good choice. If you want something a bit more upscale, try the Inn at Cocoa Beach or the Resort on Cocoa Beach. These are smaller properties with a high level of service.

Archived