Carnival Legend Cabin Category Question

smc0320

I have a question....about Carnival Legend:

Someone in our party as an 8N aft-extended balcony. We just got her a $120.00 price drop this week!!

My question is, what categories are technically above her since we can only upgrade with ES?

The categories available tonight are 9A and 9B categories. 9A is same price as her current price. 9B is $140.00 more.

She likely will not want to move from her 8N location since we are all together, but what do we do if the 9A or 9B actually drop below her current price? Will she be eligible for the price drop even if she does not want an upgrade?

Sorry, this is just one thing I don't know about Early Saver...

If her 8N went down $120 and she wants to keep the cabin, then she can just get that money back as on board credit (or reduce the amount she owes for the cruise if she hasn't made final payment yet).

And as far as I know, if the higher categories go below her price, she can claim that as OBc as well.

The rules state you can only price match YOUR category to get OBC.

So, if she wants to price match to a 9A, she technically has to move .. I would, its a really nice cabin, but I get she would give up a nicer cabin and a upgrade to stay by her friends. So she is giving up a larger cabin and a larger balcony by not upgrading to the 9A right now..would be hard for me to resist.

she is in a 185 s.f. cabin.

They show this for 9A and 9B

Sleeps up to: 3

Avg sq ft cabin: 230

Balcony: 85

I would move for a 9B but not for a 9A.

While a 9A is still a nice cabin it is still obstructed somewhat because the lifeboats are at balcony deck level.

CATEGORY 9A

Each stateroom has a large balcony whose view is obstructed by the roof of a lifeboat (and davits).

Obstructed by Lifeboat

The roof of the lifeboat is somewhat level with the balcony floor; therefore, while sitting on the balcony, you have an ocean view when looking straight ahead but an obstructed view when looking down.

Starboard: 5241 5243

These are 9B

Cabin 6277 Cabin 7299 Cabin 8235 Cabin 8237

9B 230/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

Cabin 6279 Cabin 7301 9B 230/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed-1 upper

Archived