Considering first 14 night cruise! Questions...

AviGirl

There are no cons to a 14 day cruise except for the fact you may want a 21 day or longer next! Our last one was 24 days and our next is 37.

I would think there will be lots of children on any holiday sailing.

We agree. The DH and I found the only downside is that renetry into the workfore was like crashng to reality. LOL We are now retired and will do a B2B2B for our next cruise with a total of 42 days. We have seen very few children on any of our many Celebrity cruises. Enjoy the longer cruises.

We have done a couple longer cruises...Hawaii, the Med, Panama canal... the only down side was packing. Hate it when my laundry bill is as high as my bar bill!

I am hearing that Celebrity now allows jeans (clean and no holes) in the dinning rooms for dinner. It would save on all the 'smart casual' clothes that we really don't need on our New England/Canada cruise coming up in October. We always follow the dress code, but it would be great if we could keep it a little more casual.

So, is it true? Jeans allowed in the dinning room (except on Formal nights)?

On my recent B2B cruise in the Eclipse we did not see jeans in the dinng room .

Searching for deals is a hobby of mine...(even though I am already booked for Connie's TA in December) :o

I just saw a GREAT deal pop up today. A 14 day Med/Mid East cruise on Silly is on sale for $749, with the 15 day TA afterwards, going for $649. (Not to mention the $425 OBC with another $500 OBC for shareholders) :)

29 consecutive days on a Celebrity S class for $1400 (with $925 in spending money) is MY idea of an AWESOME vacation! :D

Searching for deals is a hobby of mine...(even though I am already booked for Connie's TA in December) :o

I just saw a GREAT deal pop up today. A 14 day Med/Mid East cruise on Silly is on sale for $749, with the 15 day TA afterwards, going for $649. (Not to mention the $425 OBC with another $500 OBC for shareholders) :)

29 consecutive days on a Celebrity S class for $1400 (with $925 in spending money) is MY idea of an AWESOME vacation! :D

wow. just....wow.

....I just saw a GREAT deal pop up today. A 14 day Med/Mid East cruise on Silly is on sale for $749, with the 15 day TA afterwards, going for $649. (Not to mention the $425 OBC with another $500 OBC for shareholders) :)...

Are these OBC figures x2 for those taking both cruises or is there something I don't know about? I thought the stockholders credit maxed out at $250.

Are these OBC figures x2 for those taking both cruises or is there something I don't know about? I thought the stockholders credit maxed out at $250.

And even though they are consecutive, b2bs are considered separate so you can use it on both for a total of $500.

The Med/Mid East cruise has a stop in Egypt and is being heavily discounted because of the protests in that country, and the probability that that port will be swapped out. The cruise is available directly from X for $749 but my favorite websight is offering the same price WITH $225 OBC from them, so that IS combinable with the stockholder benefit from X.

The transatlantic leg is $649 with a $150 OBC from the website.

The only downside I can find, is the high price of airfares to Rome right now.

Glad to see this thread kept alive. We officially booked and paid in full today for our very first 14 nighter! We booked a C3 and I'm fairly happy with the stateroom (I checked the S class stateroom list and there were no complaints). Really really excited!!! Booked our flight and now just looking into hotel for the previous night. Oh... and I should sign up for the connections party! :)

Glad to see this thread kept alive. We officially booked and paid in full today for our very first 14 nighter! We booked a C3 and I'm fairly happy with the stateroom (I checked the S class stateroom list and there were no complaints). Really really excited!!! Booked our flight and now just looking into hotel for the previous night. Oh... and I should sign up for the connections party! :)

Don't forget to go over to your sailing's roll call and introduce yourselves. Have a wonderful cruise. Once you do longer sailings, it's hard to turn back....;):)

Okay all you 14 night cruisers, what are the pro and cons of a 14 night cruise? Dh and I are considering the holiday cruise on Eclipse instead of our regular 7 nighter... I would assume there would be less children than a 7 nightwear? Older demographic? How many formal nights? Any special activities?

Looking forward to reading your responses!

Longer cruises give us time to get into a relaxing groove of touring and resting. Whether we go to the Caribbean, the Med, or Trans-Atlantic, we find the longer cruises give us time to walk to our own clock. We tend to skip dinners, shows, activities, even port tours.

A long cruise with one day stops at Hawaiian Islands is not the best way to see those Islands, but okay for those living on the west coast. And, I wouldn't want to take a long Alaska cruise due to the cold. I prefer warmer days at sea on long cruises.

We like 14 nights but have stayed aboard for up to 30 nights at sea. Short cruises make us think more about the design of the ship, less about itinerary.

-Marisa

There are no cons to a 14 day cruise except for the fact you may want a 21 day or longer next! Our last one was 24 days and our next is 37.

I would think there will be lots of children on any holiday sailing.

From experience, I see little difference in the demographics in general from 7 to 14 day in the Carribe. Same crowd as most of the Carribe 14 day cruises are really 2, 7 day cruises tacked to gether and there will be a lot of 7 day folks on board.:rolleyes: It will not be the same feel as many derive from a 14 day that sails out of one port and to another.

Ships that depart and return to the same port are kid magnets.:(

Panama canal 14-16, Trans Atlantic 17 from Venice, Hawaii15-35, South America 14, will all have a better experience than any carribe cruise. Sailing too out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale , both retiree and a family vacation destinations. is going to skew the ship with 2 extremes: Lots of kids and lots of older.

The DH knows better than to even suggest a 7 dayer or less:eek:.

Cause my next question is "and then what?"

We spent 31 days in SoPacAus/NZ on the Radiance b2b this Jan and loooovvved every minute.

Only con to 14 days is leaving the ship.

Archived