hair iron

Camaro9840

Used my flat iron on liberty of seas last Feb. in my cabin. On damp hair. Steam from hair set off alarm on celing I was sitting under....smoke alarm going off,,,,DH yelling,,,,phone ringing with security calling,,,,me and DD fanning the air and opening balcony doors,,,,,the security knocking on the cabin door. Was not pretty all around. Probably leaving my flat iron home next month.

Used my flat iron on liberty of seas last Feb. in my cabin. On damp hair. Steam from hair set off alarm on celing I was sitting under....smoke alarm going off,,,,DH yelling,,,,phone ringing with security calling,,,,me and DD fanning the air and opening balcony doors,,,,,the security knocking on the cabin door. Was not pretty all around. Probably leaving my flat iron home next month.

At least you know the smoke sensor works.

Bet you can laugh about it now.

Take your flat iron, dry hair first and have a great cruise.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I know this was probably an alarming experience for you, but I have to tell you, I laughed at your take of the event.;)

I know this was probably an alarming experience for you, but I have to tell you, I laughed at your take of the event.;)

It's always funny afterward. Pretty red faced when security knocked on the door. But really nice to know they wanted to see the room, not just take our word that everything was ok over the phone. And it was nice to know they were calling us seconds after the alarm went off. Someone really does watch for alarms somewhere.

They wern't mad or anything. I just felt stupid.

Glad to hear no one had trouble getting straighteners on board. I was worried about this too. I just went out and bought a cheap travel sized straightener and plan on packing this in my hand luggage, and my big one in my suitcase... that way I figure I've doubled my chances of at least getting one of them on board! I'm sure there won't be a problem though...

And, will watch out for steam! Didn't realise steam could set off smoke alarms :)

Archived