Question for Balcony Cruisers :)

Sunburns

This may sound silly, but I'm fairly new at this ;) I was reading a review and the OP showed a pic of a waterspout. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything really interesting from their balcony. Dolphins? Whales? Anything interesting while out to sea?

This may sound silly, but I'm fairly new at this ;) I was reading a review and the OP showed a pic of a waterspout. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything really interesting from their balcony. Dolphins? Whales? Anything interesting while out to sea?

We dont spend hours on the balcony but I can tell you when you arrive at a port like st thomas and see all the sailboats or mountains in the different countries its awesome to wake up to .We love people watching too from our balcony ,drunk people running to the ship is a sight to see( sometimes im one of those people) :)

I've seen dolphins, whales and stingrays, but never a flying fish. Hopefully I'll get to see one soon. Are they more a Pacific or Atlantic fish?

?? I'm not sure but I've seen them just about every cruise in the Gulf of Mexico, dolphins too. You don't even need a balcony to see em. THey can be seen from the windows in the promenade, dining rooms, and even from the Lido deck.

Get one of the window seats on Promenade and just watch for a while. You should spot flying fish.

In Alaska, we saw humpback whales, killer whales, and seals. In the Caribbean, we see flying fish all the time. We have also seen dolphins, stingrays, and a sea turtle once. I would love to see a shark, but it hasn't happened yet.

We saw a huge shark (or just had a big fin) lol on the tender to Belize.

A place to sit back and relax, and watch the sun sets.

018.jpg

On the Glory in 2009 we watched them rescue some Bahamanian fisherman as we were heading back into Pt Canaveral. They lowered the life boat right below our cabin went out and brought them on the ship at 2 AM.

We were delayed getting into Pt Canaveral by several hours. But who cares in that instance.

On one HAL cruise from the exercise room up front, we watched a mother whale and her baby cavorting in front of us. One other time from our starboard balcony on a HAL we saw what first looked like an island. As we watched, it looked mobile, and it was. It was thousands of dolphins swimming together. It was so spectacular that the captain decided to take an extra hour to turn the ship around so the passengers on the other side of the ship that had not seen them could enjoy the view.

Wow, some great views from everyone! thank you all for answering :)

west coast we seen whales bird/turtles birds floating in the middle of nowhere finally we realized they were on the back of the turtles ,had a whole mess of dolphins lead us into Acapulco harbor very cool saw a rescue of a passenger and the best awesome sunsets ever

Oh cool! Now I know what to watch for(Birds) lol I would have never thought of that unless I saw it up close.

A place to sit back and relax, and watch the sun sets.

018.jpg

What a beautiful pic! I will be watching the sunsets for sure from my balcony!

We will have our first balcony next month and I would be thrilled if I get to see dolphins!! We are sailing out of Galveston, keeping my fingers crossed!

Good Luck!! I hope you see something great, too :) This will be my first balcony, also. We had a big window on our first cruise.

On one HAL cruise from the exercise room up front, we watched a mother whale and her baby cavorting in front of us. One other time from our starboard balcony on a HAL we saw what first looked like an island. As we watched, it looked mobile, and it was. It was thousands of dolphins swimming together. It was so spectacular that the captain decided to take an extra hour to turn the ship around so the passengers on the other side of the ship that had not seen them could enjoy the view.

That sounds AWESOME!!!! Such a wonderful Captain you had that would do something like that for everyone!

Once saw a water spout from the top deck during an early morning walk.

On our last cruise, mid-ocean while on our balcony we saw a dolphin leap directly in front of us. It was a magical moment! :)

Sounds like it was magical! Such a beautiful sight that must have been!

We dont spend hours on the balcony but I can tell you when you arrive at a port like st thomas and see all the sailboats or mountains in the different countries its awesome to wake up to .We love people watching too from our balcony ,drunk people running to the ship is a sight to see( sometimes im one of those people) :)

I am sooo looking forward to waking up and seeing a new port. I love beautiful views and people watching!

If you look at the thread why I love Magic.. that reviewer has some excellent shots, including dolphins. He is near professional quality.

I never could get a good enough picture of them, they move too fast for my camera.

Hey, thanks! I will look that up in a few minutes!

We have seen dolphins, flying fish and naked people on other boats:eek: lol. Many many beautifuls sunsets, and not seeing but hearing the ocean:)

Gonna have to let the old man know about those naked people....lol. He wouldn't want to miss that! I think he was hoping for some topless beaches this trip...hahaha ;)

Coming into galveston port, saw a fishing boat going by while the captain on the fishing boat was shouting obscenities at the people on the criuse--over his PA system. All the deck hands were flipping us off and giving us the one finger salute.

On the Glory in 2009 we watched them rescue some Bahamanian fisherman as we were heading back into Pt Canaveral. They lowered the life boat right below our cabin went out and brought them on the ship at 2 AM.

We were delayed getting into Pt Canaveral by several hours. But who cares in that instance.

Oh cool! DH is a volunteer fireman/paramedic and those kinds of things really interest us! So neat you got to be a part of that!

Coming into galveston port, saw a fishing boat going by while the captain on the fishing boat was shouting obscenities at the people on the criuse--over his PA system. All the deck hands were flipping us off and giving us the one finger salute.

LOL...I hope you all gave them a little 'Happy :p Dance' and mooned them!! hahahaha!!:D

Archived