RCCL Allure has a 21 year old overboard...

LHP

I thought they would make everyone go to their rooms to do a head count. I guess the muster areas would be quicker.

This is what they did when we were aboard and a person went over. They closed everything on the ship and all passengers were ordered to their own room. Some of the kids in our group were next door in the wrong room with friends and still had to split up for a bit. It was quite un-nerving being on board and having a group of about 12 "kids" in their 20's.:eek: A friend and I did not rest until we laid eyes on each and every one of that group.

Those who subscribe to CND know the USCG will not dispatch until they know it's a certainty that someone is overboard. At night, it's hard to tell if what the woman saw was a person or something else. After muster and a determination of a missing person, then the USCG is called. Between those times, the ship is back at the area searching. It's not as if nobody on the bridge cared.

This is what I suspected. Good info, thanks for posting.;)

We Live in Bartlett, TN and have not heard of a name being relased. Thoughts and Prayers to the family and friends both still on board and at home.

FYI - it was a RCL ship, not Carnival.

Oops! In that case, ...

Terrible! It can't be the cruise lines fault no matter what happened, unless an Employee threw the person overboard and I doubt that happens very often. Terrible things happen and there isn't always a big company to blame, but that is usually what ends up happening. Sad for the cruise line as well.

It was on our local station WREG last night and of course, they only said the Allure of the Seas...

it was clear they had no clue which cruise lines...because in the background was a Carnival ship with CARNIVAL printed across it in large red letters....

then they showed the interior of the Allure....:confused:

This was just posted on the RCCL boards:

Raph user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

I'm on the Allure right now. It is definitely a very sad situation. The captain and crew definitely seemed upset all day Monday.

Here's what we were told or heard just talking to crew. Monday night a passenger reported something falling overboard. They started reviewing the CCTV cameras and confirmed it was a person. As soon as they knew it was a person they turned around and started searching with the coast guard and a Carnival ship. I young woman of 21's family reported her missing and confirmed it was her from the cameras.

They made 3 or 4 announcements that evening asking for a woman to come to guest services. Later the captain announced they had a report of someone going over the side and were searching.

They had all off duty staff looking in the water till 3am when the coast guard released the cruise ships and continued the search for the rest of the day.

The captain cancelled the Nassau stop and rescheduled for Saturday. I actually heard a very callous person complaining at guest services that this was messing up her holiday by us not stopping.

This is my 2nd cruise on RCCL and I feel the captain was very professional throughout this and from what I saw acted reasonably give this horrible situation.

quote.gif

Archived