LOVED MoBay and Doctors Cave

OntCruise

After reading this board I almost convinced myself to stay on the ship I was so nervous about going to Montego Bay. We took a taxi (bus) to Doctors Cave beach for $5 each and had a perfect day. $6 admission, $6 for chair and $6 for umbrella ... A good deal. Beach was beautiful - clean, white sandy beach. Gorgeous water and nice views. Some vendors on the beach but not aggressive at all. Decided to walk to Margaritaville to do some shopping for t-shirts. Lots of taxi drivers asking us if we needed a ride but we just said "no thank you" and kept walking. Never felt unsafe. Prices at Margaritaville were way higher than the day before in Cayman - should have bought t-shirts then. We visited several shops and didn't find the owners too pushy... They do want to make a sale after all but you can bargain with them. When we finished we just caught a taxi back to the port and there were a million of them to choose from. The ride back was rather scary though, I think I had my eyes closed the whole ride lol !!

Which port were you at - and how long was the taxi ride?

We are not finding anything we want to do in Jamaica this time - went to Dunn's river falls last time and had a great time. We are looking for something different and thought of the Doctos cave beach.

Was there anywhere there to rent stuff for water activities - i.e. waverunners or snorkling......

Thanks for any info you can provide.

After reading this board I almost convinced myself to stay on the ship I was so nervous about going to Montego Bay. We took a taxi (bus) to Doctors Cave beach for $5 each and had a perfect day. $6 admission, $6 for chair and $6 for umbrella ... A good deal. Beach was beautiful - clean, white sandy beach. Gorgeous water and nice views. Some vendors on the beach but not aggressive at all. Decided to walk to Margaritaville to do some shopping for t-shirts. Lots of taxi drivers asking us if we needed a ride but we just said "no thank you" and kept walking. Never felt unsafe. Prices at Margaritaville were way higher than the day before in Cayman - should have bought t-shirts then. We visited several shops and didn't find the owners too pushy... They do want to make a sale after all but you can bargain with them. When we finished we just caught a taxi back to the port and there were a million of them to choose from. The ride back was rather scary though, I think I had my eyes closed the whole ride lol !!

It is said that the bus waits till it is full! how long does it take to get to Montago Bay?

How much did the taxi cost?

Which port were you at - and how long was the taxi ride?

We are not finding anything we want to do in Jamaica this time - went to Dunn's river falls last time and had a great time. We are looking for something different and thought of the Doctos cave beach.

Was there anywhere there to rent stuff for water activities - i.e. waverunners or snorkling......

Thanks for any info you can provide.

the ship was docked right at Montego Bay -- taxi was only about 10 minutes. The first stop was Aquasol Beach, then the next stop was Drs Cave. I did not notice any wave runners but there were lots of people snorkelling.

It is said that the bus waits till it is full! how long does it take to get to Montago Bay?

How much did the taxi cost?

Yes they put you on a mini bus/taxi and wait until its full before they leave ... But they fill up fast and are leaving continually. We only waited about 10 minutes. We paid $5/person but we only went as far as Drs Cave (2 stops). You have the option of staying on the bus for a longer tour/shopping - I think it was $20

Archived